Cummins B3.3 Powered FJ60

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
I am interested in a B3.3 for my 77 FJ40, do you still have the FJ60, how is it running? I noticed the post is 2011.

Still have it, and hopefully will for the rest of my life! as long as we dont move somewhere hot... (no A/C) it runs perfectly still. No issues whatsoever. Averages 28mpg mixed, little less when running all highway, just due to the fact its running near top speed. I think this engine would be perfect for a 40, its a little underpowered for a 60, but the exact same thing could be said for the 2F. Im not in a hurry to get anywhere.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Cummins Cruiser

Nice job, I'm currently working on installing a 3.3 Cummins in my sons FJ40. It's a project to finish while he is deployed. I have a 6BT5.9 Cummins in my 86 FJ60 and it has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.

Good job :)

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Ha! Thanks! She's still running great! Im trying to find a slightly bigger turbo for it thats not spooled up all the time, but I'm no turbo guru so its been tough. Still getting 25-28 MPG:)

Ok cruiser

Hi. I see it's been a long time since u last posted. Is it still running well? I am planning to so this same swap. I have my 3.3 a nv4500 and a 84 fj60. Just working on rebuilding my engine now. I was wondering if you have done any towing with your cruiser? I am wanting to tow a light overland trailer. Do you feel your cruiser could handle a 1500-1800 lb trailer. Thanks.

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Hi. I see it's been a long time since u last posted. Is it still running well? I am planning to so this same swap. I have my 3.3 a nv4500 and a 84 fj60. Just working on rebuilding my engine now. I was wondering if you have done any towing with your cruiser? I am wanting to tow a light overland trailer. Do you feel your cruiser could handle a 1500-1800 lb trailer. Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Cummins is running perfectly. I just had an oil analysis done by blackwater and they even said I could go longer between oil changes (currently changing every 5k). To answer your question I would not recommend this for towing. The motor just does not power the FJ60 enough to get you up to speed. I am the slow guy on every mountain pass with just me in the vehicle! However the economy is awesome. I recently installed a webasto in there so I can heat it up nicely in the winter before I drive. That's the one thing, this motor never seems to get hot. It takes awhile to get any meaningful heat in the cab.

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste