Cummins B3.3 Powered FJ60

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
So i finally got the exterior lineX done! 30 years of rock chips gone.

Had them follow the lines discussed here:Anal Retentive Owner Needs Opinions on Exterior Line-X

I made sure there was absolutely no rust before the coating was applied. They covered all holes, finally get to get rid of the duct tape i had covering the snake blinder holes!
IMG_0585_zpsfaa3e036.jpg

IMG_0581_zps65dbe389.jpg

IMG_0580_zpsd9be0268.jpg

IMG_0579_zps3779f32c.jpg

IMG_0578_zpscb25aa31.jpg

IMG_0577_zps42a02324.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Also got the door jambs done since this was a pretty high wear area. Got rid of the plastic pieces and respective holes and now just need to fine somebody with some more of the brown welting/weatherstrip to cover the gaps!
IMG_0584_zpsd38f87e5.jpg

IMG_0583_zps9bdfdb20.jpg

IMG_0582_zps4fcd70f5.jpg

tip

Adventurer
Looks perfect!

Are all Line-X shops considered equal? I notice you are in WA as well, did you go to the place off I5 in Burlington?

edit: Just checked out your thread on Mud and realized I saw your thread years ago and have since been obsessed with Line-x color matching! You sir, have excellent taste... my buddies think I'm nuts...

Last edited:

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Looks perfect!

Are all Line-X shops considered equal? I notice you are in WA as well, did you go to the place off I5 in Burlington ?.

Yes, that guy is good. He makes sure there is absolutely no rust before he sprays or he will grind it and he has listened to every minuscule detail I give him. He is more spendy, but on a permanent mod like this, I wanted it done right. I definitely trust that shop.

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
With all the classic vehicles on here I figured someone would appreciate these custom floor mats from cocomats.com. They are super high quality and match the rig perfectly.
IMG_0516-1_zps5e22eef4.jpg

IMG_0518-1_zpsf714467b.jpg
IMG_0520_zps25014374.jpg

IMG_0519_zps45ff14e4.jpg

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Wow that has to be the nicest liner work I have ever seen, can't even tell with out a close up pic. Nice mats also, again very clean and thought out mods, keep it up!:sombrero:

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Got my new Powergate dual rectifier after the old one (3 years old, first edition) went bad. It didnt really go bad, but the LEDs stopped working and it was working "less efficiently" as Scott from Powergate put it. Event though the device was a few years old, Scott took the old one back and exchanged it for a new one at a very fair price. I was interested in the new one anyways as it had the option to combine the batteries... no more hooking up jumper cables! Either way I cant say enough good things about Powergate, Scott and their customer service. Excellent and an excellent product.

Anyways got the new box wired up and a momentary switch in the dash for self jump starts. Took hours of internet surfing to find something that i thought matched the interior but found one... here she is:

Also took the time to wire up an aux cable to the back of the stereo and run it behind the dash so i wouldnt have wires everywhere!

Off Duty

Adventurer
This is awesome!
I just spent the last hour+ reading every page.

Great work by Proffitt's, and I love the attention to detail you put into your rig.

Overall it sound's like you're very happy with the outcome, and that it suits your needs to a T.

Thanks for your service, and thanks for sharing the story of your landcruiser.

Stay safe.

Bretthn

Explorer
Just spent a lot of time going through your pages here and on mud. Your attention to detail is inspiring me to get some small items taken care of on our LX.

dcoy

Adventurer
Nice rig. Too bad that Proffitts is no more (just found this out; found out sort of late). They did nice work.

ssency

FJ40Diesel
I am interested in a B3.3 for my 77 FJ40, do you still have the FJ60, how is it running? I noticed the post is 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste