Custom Limb Riser Attachment point for Jeep Gobi Rack

FlightMedicJP

Hey Everyone,

Had time to work on this project yesterday. I wanted to have a limb riser that would help clear over my Gobi Rack. I also did not want to tap into the Jeep frame like a lot of the attachments want you to do. I used some scrap metal and for the lower attachment I purchased units from Steinjager. Also just ordered the wire from them as well. Total length of the line ended up being 59 inches.

20180328_170134-a.jpg

HAFICON

Adventurer
Not bad, I actually used a pipe clamp from Home Deopt, but your idea works as well. Love saving that dollar.

4lowgo

Limb risers seem like a great functional idea to me but I'm worried about installing them and having the cable get hooked on something strong/immovable and tear up my hood or crease it where the attachment point is. I don't get the picture of how these wouldnt pull up on the hood every time they're pushing on a branch... Am I crazy??

Gobi rack=strong
1/4 cable = ridiculously strong
Hood= not so much

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

HAFICON

Adventurer
Limb risers seem like a great functional idea to me but I'm worried about installing them and having the cable get hooked on something strong/immovable and tear up my hood or crease it where the attachment point is. I don't get the picture of how these wouldnt pull up on the hood every time they're pushing on a branch... Am I crazy??

Gobi rack=strong
1/4 cable = ridiculously strong
Hood= not so much

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

1/4 inch cable would be insanely large, what I use is is about 3/32" tiny stuff still thick enough to function. But a large tree limb yes would cause damage, the idea would be to avoid that on not drive at something faster than you want to hit it. On small brush/hang over stuff they work great. I normally only put mine on just before the trail run and honestly never really needed them. But they look nice and is cheap insurance for prevention of glass damage.

kdeleon

Observer
sweet job. I could have used one when i hit the lone tree in the whole of Moab. Good thing it was tall enough it cleared my windshield, but can't help but laugh lol.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Finally remembered to catch a picture in the day light. So these are pipe clams sold at Home Depot in the plumbing section. I just added a small eye bolt to the top for the D-Ring to attach to for the line.

Attachments

• 80B1D7CB-808B-48AC-A127-75CA2A7B4A13.jpeg
    80B1D7CB-808B-48AC-A127-75CA2A7B4A13.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 64221AAE-A424-4772-8F47-8F82DF053273.jpeg
    64221AAE-A424-4772-8F47-8F82DF053273.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

FlightMedicJP

Got my limb riser cables in and installed them. Really liking the setup. Now I just have to paint or powder coat the custom bracket.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Never understood why not just replace one of the bolts on the light rack with an eyebolt. Seems to be the most logical to me, at least ever since I had considered limb risers on my Jeep

krick3tt

Adventurer
Good to see the wire is forward of the awning enclosure, had to wait till the end to see the real distance.
Looks to be good job. Well done.

bluehash

Adventurer
Very nice!

I have a stealth rack and I kind of did a similar thing. I also used turnbuckles.

a5xFu6Fh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles