Custom trailer build

SOBX

OK, I've been lurking behind the scenes for quite some time and it's time to start asking questions.

I recently bought a nice 5X8X5 enclosed trailer that I'll be converting. As I'll be tackling this this build in sections as money permits, my first project is sound deadening. I have 300sqft of high dollar indoor/outdoor dark grey carpet and 290sqft of dynamat that'll be completely lining the inside of the trailer. I know it's overkill, but I need the inside of this thing to be nearly silent. What would be the best permanent adhesive for the dynamat and semi permanent adhesive for the carpet?

Second is suspension. I've been looking at Timbren suspension. I like the ground clearance of the axleless design, but haven't seen any real world reviews. Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RiderBloke

Observer
OK, I've been lurking behind the scenes for quite some time and it's time to start asking questions.

I recently bought a nice 5X8X5 enclosed trailer that I'll be converting. As I'll be tackling this this build in sections as money permits, my first project is sound deadening. I have 300sqft of high dollar indoor/outdoor dark grey carpet and 290sqft of dynamat that'll be completely lining the inside of the trailer. I know it's overkill, but I need the inside of this thing to be nearly silent. What would be the best permanent adhesive for the dynamat and semi permanent adhesive for the carpet?

Second is suspension. I've been looking at Timbren suspension. I like the ground clearance of the axleless design, but haven't seen any real world reviews. Thoughts?

Don't forget pictures - we other lurkers like to see what's going on! I, for example, being an Aussie in the USA and a newbie to this sort of thing, don't know what dynamat is. I do know what Timbren suspension is though.
Just because I'm nosey why are you wanting this small trailer to be so silent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOBX

Silence because I like a retreat haha. I visited Australia in 05 while I was stationed in Korea. Beautiful country! I'd live there if I could have my guns lol.

RiderBloke

Observer
Silence because I like a retreat haha. I visited Australia in 05 while I was stationed in Korea. Beautiful country! I'd live there if I could have my guns lol.

SOBX,
You are allowed some weapons in Australia just not the fully semi/automatic assault type stuff nor can you walk down the street carrying.
Roo and rabbit hunting are done as is target shooting.
Anyway I like the idea of a retreat. Silence is a great companion. Don't forget some pix & I hope others reply with helpful comments.
Take care.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk

DzlToy

Explorer
Dynamat is a brand name for MLV (Mass Laminated Vinyl) sound deadening products. It is a well marketed and therefore well recognised name. There are however, much more affordable and superior products on the market, so do you research.

Futhermore, the idea is to change the resonant frequency of a panel, i.e. floor or door, etc. Small pieces of sound dampening material, as well as various types of sound dampening material work best to attenuate the widest range of frequencies. Covering your entire interior in Dynamat only serves to lighten your wallet, create lots of work and make your cab heavy. It is completely unnecessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior