CVT Roof Top Tent GB 2012

temple

Adventurer
For the price of some of these manufacturers, it may be cheaper to buy at full price from cvt? I can't see that they couldn't give you a number for how many they need to give a discount. There are also more than one company that sells the same brand.

See if one of the dealers will sell you 30 tents. Someone collect the money and have them all drop shipped.

Chili

Explorer
For the price of some of these manufacturers, it may be cheaper to buy at full price from cvt? I can't see that they couldn't give you a number for how many they need to give a discount. There are also more than one company that sells the same brand.

Call cvt directly and see if they will sell you 30 tents. Someone collect the money and have them all drop shipped.

I'll still be buying CVT regardless. Price, made in the US, and all of the positive reviews have me sold. FWIW, as far as I know, the Bobby mentioned above is the owner of CVT.

Leviathan

Observer
So is this an official no on the group buy? I have a small business and I am always looking for ways to generate a bigger client base. I would expect at least a response from CVT saying 10% ect. Instead of the 30% we are all hoping for; but a flat "no" to a group buy seems very odd.

If this really is dead then let's call Tepui. Similar price point, so we would all be near the budget we figured.

hxcsurfer

After recieving that email stating that they were not doing a group buy I called and spoke to a nice guy at CVT, I forgot his name but it wasn't Bobby. I explained the situation and asked If he could clarify. He mentioned that Bobby had mentioned possibly doing a group buy and then took my name and phone number and said he would find out and call me back today. Which promptly came and went without a call.

So now that it's all clear as mud. I agree with Leviathan, I propose we push CVT on an official word and if not we can try a different company.

JFarris

Wanderer
I didn't know CVT were American made. Can anyone verify?

There's always Tepui, or I second ARB. I have owned an ARB, with zero issues besides a cover, which they immediately shipped me a new one, for free. I just purchased a Howling Moon...which there is definitely a difference in quality and design. The Howling Moon is more expensive, but is worth every penny.

Last edited:

Sander1036

UPDATE!:
We have finally got in touch with Bobby at CVT. He is interested in doing the group buy and we are working the final details out.

I would like to get everyone on a list that is in for the group buy if its a 30% discount and a separate list for those that want on no matter the discount.

Note that I am at work so I will not be able to make a list until later this afternoon.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Drover

Adventurer
UPDATE!:
We have finally got in touch with Bobby at CVT. He is interested in doing the group buy and we are working the final details out.

I would like to get everyone on a list that is in for the group buy if its a 30% discount and a separate list for those that want on no matter the discount.

Note that I am at work so I will not be able to make a list until later this afternoon.

I'm in either way, 30%,20%,10%, I need a rtt, and I was going to buy a cvt, anyway

PADisco

UPDATE!:

Sign me up for a Mt. Shasta. At 20 or 30%.

wesel123

Explorer
I'll still be buying CVT regardless. Price, made in the US, and all of the positive reviews have me sold. FWIW, as far as I know, the Bobby mentioned above is the owner of CVT.

Are you sure they are made here??? I'm pretty sure they are made on the same lines as the Tepui and Cartoptent, which are of Chinese fabrication.

temple

Adventurer
I'm in at 20-30%. If he comes up with a number for 30%, I am sure that we could hit it, even if it means 30 people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94