D2 powerwall

The_Hoff

Any ideas for what/how to build in this space?

3311c6814ef008f788ee083749c67f6f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
Rather vague, so many possibilities. What do you want to use it for? I am sure my needs would differ from yours. what is your budget?

The_Hoff

It’s purposely vague because it’s a blank canvass right now. I don’t really have a budget.

The aux battery was in the storage bin. I do need a place to mount the compressor and inverter as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just noticed your tread plate rear door trim. it all makes sense. maybe you could put more tread plate on the side interior area? maybe some MOLLE?

RR876

92a562945e8325ede56116f9e849d03a.jpg

I used the space for a compressor and Ctek DCDC / solar controller. I added a few 1” holes to the original cover for air flow. The compressor mounting bracket is a simple 12x12x1/4” aluminium plate bolted to the seat attachment points with 1/2” spacers.

causa

Adventurer
I wanted to keep the rear cubby intact, and still have some usable storage space once the compressor was installed.

Utilized four M? bolts to attach platform where the factory jump seat would have been mounted.

Sorbothane mat affixed to both sides of T60 1/4” alloy plate. Entire right rear quarter panel covered with Dynamat to further reduce noise and vibration.

Wired ExtremeAire compressor directly to battery using 4 AWG and high amperage relay with a remote on/0ff switch.

Routed airline to an external brass quick disconnect below right rear upper taillight assembly.

Attachments

• Compressor Platform..jpeg
    Compressor Platform..jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Compressor Installed..jpeg
    Compressor Installed..jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Air QuickDisconnect.jpeg
    Air QuickDisconnect.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads