Dakar 2014 route

Bugspray

Adventurer
Sucks they are not going through Peru next year. My wife is Peruvian and we were planning on going, not any more.

zolo

Explorer
AHH man you should still go. I think Bolivia was due. But I understand country pride.

I'm married to a Chilean and she wants to chase from Bolivia back down to Chile....

Bugspray

Adventurer
We still have a year or so to debate it. I think if we went we would catch the start in Arg. in the Mendoza area which is beautiful.

r3run33

Adventurer
thanks for posting this; I follow the toyota auto body team that has 2 land cruisers in the production truck class. Will follow up once it gets closer to start.

The Dakar Rally (or simply "The Dakar"; formerly known as "The Paris–Dakar" or "Paris to Dakar Rally") is an annual off-road race. Part of the Dakar Series, it is organised by the Amaury Sport Organisation. Most events since the inception in 1978 were from Paris, France, to Dakar, Senegal, but due to security threats in Mauritania, which led to the cancellation of the 2008 rally, the 2009 Dakar Rally was run in South America (Argentina and Chile). It has been held in South America each year since 2009. The race is open to amateur and professional entries, amateurs typically making up about eighty percent of the participants.

keeganpindar

I am on the East Coast in the U.S, and I want to know how I can watch the Dakar. I tried last year, but could never figure it out, and had to keep up with it online. Does anyone know how I can access it from my television?

BlueCoyote

Observer
I am on the East Coast in the U.S, and I want to know how I can watch the Dakar. I tried last year, but could never figure it out, and had to keep up with it online. Does anyone know how I can access it from my television?

With Versus and SPEED gone, did not find anything on DirecTV for 2014. Dakar now has an app, so it may be all online vs TV at least here in the US.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Oh man...I wanna see the Dakar so bad but it's just a little too late for us! We're running on fumes as it is...

Maybe we can rent out our 4Runner to one of you guys so we can pay our way there? :sombrero:

belstaff

belstaff
Dakar 2014

Not to take anything from this website, but If anyone is interested one can follow the Race w/ daily routes, timing& scoring, photos & youtube videos, Delayed coverage provided by Eurosport tv (England) France tv1 & ftv2 (France) also some feeds from the local countries the ralley passes through plus daily radio feeds.

All can be found on www.adventurerider.com under sub heading RACING. There you will find Official Dakar website & ways to get direct following of the race in "real time" you can also become part of "TeamF5-firehose" thread(we have tee-shirts) and actually become part of the event.

You must be forewarned " This is addictive" & you may go 15 days w/out shower, food, drink or any family contact, yes it's that bad.---My wife calls DAKAR her 2week vacation from me

Good luck, enjoy your interdiction to becoming "A DAKAR JUNKIE"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste