Danner Mountain Light II - An on-going review

My sister has a pair of Mtn Light IIs. She loves them. I have a pair of Canadians and they have served me very well, and I tend to be pretty hard on gear. Not to mention lifetime boot re crafting services. Danner boots are truly an amazing product.

Hey just a recommendation . . . try the blue "super feet" insoles. There actually for running and require no trimming. I change them out about every 4-6 months max. since I wear my work boots daily. No pain and no shin splints.

Danners at SAR training 20180120

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4710/38941393865_af9a763357_b.jpg

Its been over a month now. I wear mine almost daily. Hope this pic goes through... Its not a close up, but these boots look great. I also got a nice set of Edge Technical gaiters over the holiday break. They have complimented the boots well.

Working in 2-5" of crusty snow doing SAR training this weekend. Feet stayed dry, warm, and quite comfortable during a snowy/wet day. Probably walked/hiked/broke trail for 4-6 miles, and stood around a lot - you may know how training events go. The boots did their job.

I tried several other insole solutions, and each of them seemed to fill up too much of the boot for my feet to be comfortable. I went back to the airthotics and use nice, thick socks and that seems to work well for me. Should've just stuck with it from the start, but I'm hard-headed like that at times. This current set up seems to be the best configuration for my feet and needs, and probably the cheapest solution, as well.

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Glad to hear they are breaking in well,

they only get better with time, I took me nearly a year to get them to the point where they would never hurt, at all in any situation or time frame.

From this past weekend

Man I want a pair of those, but crap, I'm boot poor already. Two pair of Red Wings, 1 LL Bean Duck boot, 1 Asolo boot, 3 Salomans. 1 pair of road bike shoes and 1 pair mountan bike shoes. Wife would probably shoot me with one of my own too many guns if I got another pair of boots.

Man I want a pair of those, but crap, I'm boot poor already. Two pair of Red Wings, 1 LL Bean Duck boot, 1 Asolo boot, 3 Salomans. 1 pair of road bike shoes and 1 pair mountan bike shoes. Wife would probably shoot me with one of my own too many guns if I got another pair of boots.
Hahah story of my life.... :REOutShootinghunter