DBR2500 Dual-Band Radio Now Available

Frdmskr

Adventurer
Doesn’t appear to have a remote head. That and it’s a rebadged cheap Chinese radio. Waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prerunner1982

Adventurer
Good customer service and cheaper than the cheap Chinese version (especially with Midland's generous discount codes), not a bad deal for a new ham on a budget or one that may not be sure that ham radio is for them and would rather not drop hundreds of dollars on one of the big 3 to see if they like the hobby. And it's cheap enough not to hurt to much if it gets wet or stolen.

Billoftt

Doesn’t appear to have a remote head. That and it’s a rebadged cheap Chinese radio. Waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rebadged, warranteed by an American company that you can call and get a native English speaker, AND 40 bucks cheaper than the Anytone model with a discount code.

Just a head's up, Anytone isn't really a "cheap Chinese" company. They are light-years ahead of Baofeng and the other no-name brands out there.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

E.J.

Explorer

I installed mine over the weekend, it's pretty compact and feels solid. About 6 months ago I picked up a similar radio from Leixen that was truly a CCR, sent it back in favor of a nice Yaesu HT that somewhat disappointingly was also manufactured in China ?
Once I got a handle on the UI it's easier to program than my Yaesu. Good signal reports on the few contacts I've made this week. Only cons so far are that it scans kind of slow and there's a button then knob sequence to change volume, but that isn't hard to do by feel after you've done it a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke