Death Valley December 2016 Off-road Trip Report **Very pic heavy**

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Like everyone else said...your pictures are outstanding! I can't wait to go on one of your trips or vis versa - you're gonna make my van look so damn cool! LOL

Another place I'd really like to really learn is the Sierras. I've only been once, Lone Pine to Cougar something, and exited in Bishop. One of the trails (out of Lone Pine) was pretty gnarly for the van, and being alone.

Absolutely man! I wanna check that van out I could see myself owning one as my next camping rig! I spend a lot of time up there so that's a trip we could do for sure.

mkitchen

Explorer
Very Good Thread

Enjoyed your write up. Death Valley does have so much to see and appreciate. I like the fact that you left out photos of the damage done to the lake bed yet did note that it was damaged. People need to be reminded that such things do occur without too much focus on the incident. I do hope they catch who did it.
Mikey

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Enjoyed the trip report and the fantastic photos. I really need to get out west with a truck!
Mike

Enjoyed your write up. Death Valley does have so much to see and appreciate. I like the fact that you left out photos of the damage done to the lake bed yet did note that it was damaged. People need to be reminded that such things do occur without too much focus on the incident. I do hope they catch who did it.
Mikey

Thanks! And yes I don't wanna give those people any sort of publicity but they did find the people that did it and are planning to file criminal charges against them but they're Canadian so I'm not sure how that would work....

ssichler

Adventurer
Great pics and report. We were there last month and saw the damage as well at the Playa. Idiots. Speaking of idiots - we also saw a Kia Soul driving on the road out there.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Yea my buddy saw a brand new BMW on the road to the playa totally broken down with oil leaking from the shocks and a blown radiator lol

stingray1300

Explorer
Love DVNP for camping and off roading.

DSC_0633 - Copy.jpg

But if you keep telling people about it, you won't see "no one around us" for very much longer. :squint:

dman93

Adventurer
I got a flat repaired on my wife's car about ten years ago at the Furnace Creek Chevron ... dismounted tire, internal patch, hand-torqued the wheels ... for about the price of four gallons of their gas. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior