Decked ********** article on front page.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
https://expeditionportal.com/field-tested-decked-**********/

D Bag? D Bag..... They actually called their new product D bag.... How did that one get past the marketing dept? Where they all sleeping at the wheel? And if that was supposed to be an intentional joke, it doesn't bode well for the company.

And to prove my point when I try and quote D bag from the article, I got censored yet it's allowed to be plastered all over the front page? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JayOtheMountains

Aside from the nanny auto monitors on this site providing the incessant use of asterisks, the fact that we're talking about it is excellent marketing. The name aside, does the bag fill a need? Does it hold up to use? People will buy it 1) because of the brand; 2) juvenile mentality will perpetuate giggles when someone asks to grab the [insert product name here] from the back. I'm *certain* that it is a *shortening* of Decked, though *d* *_* bag wasn't even considered a thing because group-think is a bad thing in product / company circles. T&N you're interpretation is spot on, though.

Yes it's sexist, rude, and immature. But so is the dumbification of today's audiences. I'm certain that my involvement in this conversation is a contribution to the overall product. Would I purchase it? Probably not, but not because of the name... rather because the utility that it provides is not for my use. That, and I' already own a suitable product that meets my needs. I don't need the newest or fanciest thing. YMMV

Also, as a consumer it's ultimately your decision. **********.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Aside from the nanny monitors on this site providing the incessant use of asterisks, the fact that we're talking about it is excellent marketing. The name aside, does the bag fill a need? Does it hold up to use? People will buy it 1) because of the brand; 2) juvenile mentality will perpetuate giggles when someone asks to grab the [insert product name here] from the back. I'm *certain* that it is a *shortening* of Decked, though *d* *_* bag wasn't even considered a thing because group-think is a bad thing in product / company circles. T&N you're interpretation is spot on, though.

Yes it's sexist, rude, and immature. But so is the dumbification of today's audiences. I'm certain that my involvement in this conversation is a contribution to the overall product. Would I purchase it? Probably not, but not because of the name... rather because the utility that it provides is not for my use. That, and I' already own a suitable product that meets my needs. I don't need the newest or fanciest thing. YMMV

Also, as a consumer it's ultimately your decision.
I'm sure it's a shortening of Decked as well. Just thinking they could have come up with a better name. I also, wouldn't put it past a marketing dept. to completely miss it either.... It's not like it hasn't happened before.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer

D Bag? D Bag..... They actually called their new product D bag.... How did that one get past the marketing dept? Where they all sleeping at the wheel? And if that was supposed to be an intentional joke, it doesn't bode well for the company.

And to prove my point when I try and quote D bag from the article, I got censored yet it's allowed to be plastered all over the front page? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
**********.... it's got overlandy cleverness.. that will be the next 'gotta have '
To look the part. :cool:

Edit, when I just posted this comment I got this for ********** for using
?**********... ha ha ha ha ha ?

How about doosh bag..?

Last edited:

4000lbsOfGoat

For anyone interested...the medium gear bag from ATC also happens to fit in a Decked drawer just about perfectly!

I love my Decked drawers but they've kind of gone off the rails. I suppose they've found that they can't manage the "continuous growth" model only selling $1300 drawer systems that are built to last a lifetime. So I'm sure we'll be graced with more and more "D-products" as they try to generate "growth".

I'd rather buy drawers from a drawer company and bags from a bag company.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Its like the new drink "Liquid Death", catchy name and logo, makes people do a double take, and its a decent product
1667349839491.png

Another example is a well respected brand of architectural fans for large indoor spaces that turn at low speed with a high volume of air displacement, called Big Ass Fans
1667349930720.png
1667349947889.png

Errant

Explorer
At one point I took an interest in one their products. After doing some research to see if it would work for me, I found their marketing to be sexist and immature. I spent my money elsewhere.

JayOtheMountains

Its like the new drink "Liquid Death", catchy name and logo, makes people do a double take, and its a decent product
I'm pretty sure that was the original name for Buckley Cough syrup until they changed it to Buckleys.
Ah, but Liquid Death also has established its brand with a $700M initial valuation and is currently Gen Z's favorite water. Marketing, mang!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94