Defender 110 double cab with Isuzu turbo diesel build up...

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I removed the horns from in front of the intercooler and radiator and upgraded them to high output ones...I had to mount them on the right in reverse fender as the power steering reservoir is going on the left side..

IMG_3221.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I've always been a little disappointed with Land Rover defenders poor windscreen washer ability to clean the screen, so on this truck I'm using the left and right side older single jets as well as the later centre dual jet system... since I had a td5 washer bottle laying around I installed that on the left side inner fender and am using both washer pumps in the reservoir to provide the extra flaow and pressure...haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but in theory.........:)

IMG_3202.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Since this engine wasn't originally coupled to an automatic it lacked provision for a lockdown cable...most people said that they didn't worry about connecting one...since I wanted this to be as driver friendly as possible I wanted one installed and functioning...I set about getting one into a position where it was able to get the necessary throw to hit full extension and use the kickdown function...that was challenging due to space constraints...I finished up using the fuel injection pump control lever but going to the opposite side of it so I could use it as a pull lever, and then I went about mounting the cable into position...works great.....in theory...yet to test it...on full throttle it now activates the kickdown cable detent..

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
i have a KBX front grille laying around that I may not use on another project, it looks pretty good.., if I decide to use this I will be putting some sort of stainless mesh behind it as it looks too exposed..

IMG_3227.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Had an old tithonous top laying around so I cur the front off it and wanted to use it as a rear bed kind of topper...it needed to be lowered by about 3 inches to fit under the roll cage, so I took a 3 inch slice out of it and then reinforced the join from behind with some aluminum strip and pop riveted and epoxied it all back together...new gen automotive epoxies have really come a long way lately...

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

Can you make the front fit back on there? Or maybe snaps and a canvas front would be cool to close off the shell from the cab but still make it easily removable.

Sexy rig.....love it!

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I will be making a front wall for it, being a fiberglass topper it needs the front wall to add rigidity to it..I will also probably install a window in the front wall so you can see behind you in the rear view mirror.. May even add an interior light in it while I'm at it..:)

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Since I moved the transfer-difflock lever forward a few inches to accomodate the correct feeling I needed to modify the actuating rod and lever, this is what I did and it works perfectly...:)... I love it when a plan comes together..:)

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
While I had the fenders off after mocking up the cutting of the holes for the roll cage to go through the fender tops I installed an accessories fuse box and relays, these are to run the big light bar and front led spot lights as well as power for the thermomfan etc, will also have room for any addons after the fact..

IMG_3345.jpg

I'm running a separate relay setup for the new LED headlights, this relay harness uses the original headlight wiring only to trigger the new relays which then supply a good solid power feed to the headlights, this takes a good deal of load off the factory wiring and switches as it no longer needs to pull too much power through the factory stuff...it also gives better lighting as the headlights now gets good solid consistent 12v and plenty of amps..

Last edited:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
While I was kitting out the interior I try to think ahead for the things I will want to run , I always like to try and put a decent sounding stereo in my trucks and I had some stuff laying around...like this subwoofer amp speaker setup, and it mounts perfectly behind the rear seat, and made some speaker housings for some decent rear speakers...combined with some good quality front speakers the sound system should sound pretty good for a defender, especially after the interior is all dynamatted..

IMG_3262.jpg

Last edited:

chand-o

Looking good!!

Do you have any pictures of how you moved the autobox lever forward? My friends is set quite far back in the seat box.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
It fits...just barely..:)
IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

This is a be all to end all of mobile entrainment systems, internet explorer, DVD player, MP3, USB, Bluetooth, gps, wi-fit receiver transmitter, backup of forward cameras etc etc...all touch screen...always wanted to do one of these, now I've gotta squeeze all the wiring in for everything...:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles