Defender 110 width

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Thanks for the compliments!

gjackson, you know the saying about, "Run what you brung" and the Wee8was in there from the factory. Anyways, that is what I keep telling myself to avoid Diesel envy...

Dmarchand, the bumperettes are from $G. I have the passengers side modified to tie the bottom of the tire carrier into the rear cross-member. The hitch is the $G one that bolts to the rear cross-member. Mario at Adventure Trailers hooked up the trailer with a 14" extension bar to move the trailer back away from the spare tire and cans. The set-up is seamless. I put about 5 hours of freeway driving and at least that much through the desert. I barely noticed the difference and the trailer works better than I could have hoped!!!:victory: I was very nervous about going w/ a trailer and it actually took about a year and a half to pull the trigger:REOutShootinghunter , but I couldn't be happier after this weekend! I'll post some more pics this evening.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Well, amazingly I don't really have any other pics of the AT in action, I guess a good excue to take it back out camping! Anyways, here are a couple of pics of just my 90 from this weekend. The area is near the Minieta Cabin (sp?) and also near Defense Mine in Death Valley.

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Looks awesome. I would love to see the trailer in "camp" mode.

Kudos on keeping a clean truck. Not many people seem to like to do that... I get grief all of the time here.

gjackson

FRGS
Wow, I really like your jerry can holders. Did you fab those up yourself? Looks like a great solution. The $G mounts (strap) works, but sure isn't ideal.

Got any more detailed shots of the rack with no cans?

cheers

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I'll take some pics this weekend in camp mode.

The jerry can holder is a modified EE holder that is bolted to the $G rear tire carrier. I'll take some close up pics and post them as well. Really works pretty good and is an easy modification. The stock $G set-up assumes you can somehow keep two loaded cans in place w/ a ratchet strap? I was never smart enought to figure that one out, so went this route instead.

Hell, I barely use the driver's side ladder, I send my kids up there if I need anything:cool: I actually caught my six year old climbing out the drivers side window and swinging himself up into the basket the other day! Who needs ladders anyways:D

gjackson

FRGS
The stock $G set-up assumes you can somehow keep two loaded cans in place w/ a ratchet strap?

You can and it does work, but isn't the best solution. You have to cross the strap at the back to get a good pull on the rack strap points. I also found you have to face the cans towards the truck. That works better to protect the spouts anyhow.

But I think your way is better. Much better!

cheers

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Sorry it's taken so long, but here are some shots of it in camp mode in the driveway. Everytime I tinker with the Adventure Trailer I'm amazed at how well built and thought out the whole thing is:bowdown:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Graham-

After looking at these pics I need to take some better shots. I'm actually in the process of shifting the can holder a quarter inch to the left to clear the spare tire and wll post some pics when it's wrapped up.

Fourbyland, thanks for the compliment!

gjackson

FRGS
Andrew,

Sweet! Thanks for the pics. That gives me some ideas on what to do with mine. And yes, please post pics when you change it!

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior