Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa

skygear

       &
Hey,

Signed up just to (also) say what an absolutely incredible read this has been!

Quick question:

I'm sure I've read it then missed what happened, but I noticed the 57 mark is completely off the route you went. Is it an error or did you have to backtrack for some reason?
I bet it was a non GPS lock and set the breadcrumb off course.

syke

Adventurer
Every few years I come back to this thread for a good read. Hands down still the most epic trip ever published on Expo. Incredible.

MLu

Adventurer
I know for a fact that this thread is why I joined the site. I believe I started reading it one evening and couldn't let it go until the middle of the night.

Hats off to Frederik & Josephine! Thank you for taking the time to post your trip and your insights. The adventure reminds me of the book, "Malaria Dreams" by Stuart Stevens and his oft repeated phrase, "Ah! Africa!"

Looking forward to reading of your further adventures!

I have discovered this thread about Frederick and Josephina's Congo adventure back in 2013 and but still I can't get enough of it. It's like every now and then I just keep coming back and re-read the whole story from the first part to the last. I would have liked to hear more about how they faired in Congo Brazzaville after they have crossed from Kinshasa.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I have discovered this thread about Frederick and Josephina's Congo adventure back in 2013 and but still I can't get enough of it. It's like every now and then I just keep coming back and re-read the whole story from the first part to the last. I would have liked to hear more about how they faired in Congo Brazzaville after they have crossed from Kinshasa.
Brazzaville (and all of Rep. Congo) is a cake walk. In fact, for many years now no government has had a travel warning on any of Rep. Congo (though that just changed a few weeks back)

-Dan