Demountable tied into vehicle coolant system

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Personally i'm more interested in whether you could use them to plumb a delivery van type cooler matrix into the vehicle air conditioning circuit so you can cool the camper as you drive, or even run the engine in the evening while parked to cool your sleeping accommodation for a short time rather than using a mains powered aircon unit and having to carry a generator to run it off grid. As an alternative to adding even more solar and battery for a 12v compressor system...

I think you'd have to cool a fluid and then pump that back to cool your trailer. I'm not sure how you would cool the fluid though.

Gas to liquid cooler installed in your AC system, to replace or in addition to the evaporator.

Cold refrigerant cools warm liquid that is pumped back to the trailer.

Is this actually possible? IDK, but it's fun to brainstorm.

Last edited:

javajoe79

Fabricator
I think you'd have to cool a fluid and then pump that back to cool your trailer. I'm not sure how you would cool the fluid though.

Gas to liquid cooler installed in your AC system, to replace or in addition to the evaporator.

Cold refrigerant cools warm liquid that is pumped back to the trailer.

Is this actually possible? IDK, but it's fun to brainstorm.
Yes this has been done on a smaller scale to chill intercooler systems on high performance vehicles. I don't see why you couldn't add another evaporator to your system that is inside a box that you pump coolant through. Then having that coolant circuit with quick disconnects would be really easy as you wouldn't be disconnecting high pressure refrigerant lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior