Detroit, Chicago, or Columbus area shop needed to install a snorkel

Does anyone know of a qualified shop to install a snorkel on a new Chevy Colorado? I am trying to find someone to actually do the install as I do not have the tools and probably also lack the skill set, even though this appears somewhat simple. AEV says it takes about six hours to install theirs but I don't know how to search for a certified install shop. Here are the cities within driving distance of me:

Traverse City, MI
Detroit
Grand Rapids, MI
Toledo
Columbus
Cincinnati
Dayton
Indianapolis
Chicago

Anyone who can point me in the right direction is appreciated, thanks!

Will AEV not install it for you? They are located in Wixom, MI.

Still waiting to hear back from them, but all I did was submit an email request through their system. If I do not hear back by Tuesday morning I will give them a call and let you know what they said. I was afraid my order was "too small" for them to take interest...

by the way, thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

jbeer

Yeah, please report back (and the cost to do so) if they are willing to do the install. I can't see why they wouldn't do it - good luck!

Yeah, please report back (and the cost to do so) if they are willing to do the install. I can't see why they wouldn't do it - good luck!

I received an email today from Nick at AEV and exchanged some emails and finally a call and he has been extremely helpful and they will do the install. He also said they could get me in as soon as about one week if I wanted. The total for everything is under $800, all parts, labor, and a 3/36 warranty.

I'll let you know when I get it done and I'll add a photo.

jbeer

Damn that's good news and a good price... Looks like I will have to give them a call too. Sigh.

Maybe tell him you talked to Paul about the Colorado snorkel; I don't know that it will give you any discount, but the guy was genuinely nice and answered every question and was very patient so it would be nice for him to hear he made a good impression!

I might be over there as early as next Wednesday for the install, just waiting to hear back from him.

Damn that's good news and a good price... Looks like I will have to give them a call too. Sigh.

I went to AEV today and they got the snorkel on for about $750 parts and labor plus I got a tour of the place while I was there.

The guy I dealt with, Nick P. was awesome and accommodating. Here is a photo.
20181212_163440.jpg

Explorerinil

Observer
That’s good to hear there customer service is improving. They do make very high quality parts that fit perfect. I love AEV I just wish they would get that ram rear bumper to market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz