******** cepek extreme country

greengreer

Adventurer
Anyone tried these out yet? Can't find much in the way of reviews, especially long-ish term. They look like they would appeal to the crowd on here being an "aggressive" all terrain type tire, and coming in some of the more popular expo sizes like 255/85/16 and 33x10.50x15.
I am comparing these to the Bfg ko2 in 33x10.50
Both have 2ply sidewall although dc claims theirs is reinforced. The dc has 20/32" to the bfg 15/32". And they are priced similarly. For my use personally the only thing holding me back from the dc's is winter traction and longetivity. While they have some siping, they do not carry the mountain snowflake rating that the ko2 does. I am currently on ko's and they are great at just about everything, but I am one to try new things. These being a bit more aggressive would satisfy the one thing the bfg is lacking for me. I wish goodyear would get on board with making the duratrac in these sizes, it was by far my favorite tire from a traction standpoint.

John82601

I've had DCEC's on my YJ for a few months now and finally got to take them out for some fun yesterday. I'm running 35x12.5x15's on a 10" wide wheel. I was running BFG KM2's in the same size previously. First impressions were good. They're a bit taller and (good or bad) a full inch wider than the BFG's I removed. Road noise is minimal and equivalent to the KM2's as are their overall road manners. They performed better on the hard pack snow and slush but that's also comparing new tires to 1/2 tread, 3yr old BFG's. So far I'm happy with them.

Fresh off the truck:

DC Extreme Terrains.jpg

Mounted and ready to bolt on:

Ultra 176 DC Extreme Country.jpg

Play time, aired down to 12psi:

DSCN1106_zpskr2lvp1v.jpg

DSCN1112_zpswenh5wit.jpg

DSCN1113_zpsnxqek8g5.jpg

I expected to see some lug wear but didn't think we were playing this hard. I'll be watching for more:

DSCN1115_zpsoksj3ksi.jpg

greengreer

Adventurer
Thanks for your review. How many miles do you have on them and how are they holding up? The lugs look huge in that picture! Alot beefier than I thought.

drewactual

Adventurer
aren't cepek's and mickey's made by cooper?

the last cepek's i had wore horrible- but i blame the truck more than anything with it's IFS and terrible front end components... the tire itself was tough...

i'm running STT Plus's right now, and about 14k miles into them... the construction and even the pattern are strikingly similar to these... if they are in fact the same basic foundation of tire, they are good to go, and comparable to the Toyo's everyone raves about (me included, that is a fantastic tire that wasn't available when I bought the STT+'s)...

John82601

Thanks for your review. How many miles do you have on them and how are they holding up? The lugs look huge in that picture! Alot beefier than I thought.

I'm still under 1000 miles on them but am happy so far. drewactual is spot on, they're made by Cooper and share many of the STT's traits. The lugs are larger and the voids are smaller than true mud tires but that's what I was looking for.

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
These are made for ******** Cepek by Cooper Tires. The tread patter looks to be a variation of the new Cooper STT Pro.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I think both this tire and the new Fun Country are on the heavy Cooper carcass that's used on the ST Maxx and STT.

I'm a Cooper guy, so when a set of 265 Fun Countrys showed up a few years ago on the OE Garage Sale, I nabbed them. It turns out that the tread design work that goes into Cooper tires is what separates them from the DC tires. The Fun Country tires I have are LOUD compared to my ST Maxx's, and the tread isn't that much different, in terms of void ratio and block size. I'd also say the Maxx's do better in snow than the Fun Countrys, which was disappointing, as snow performance used to be a FC thing...

Now on a wheeling rig, or something where you want "the look", I think DC's are fine. Definitely look tough, and any mud terrain is going to do well in the mud in my experience. :)

greengreer

Adventurer
I know I am sort of comparing apples and oranges here, but what makes me hesitate on the DC's is the lack of siping and unknown performance in winter conditions. As for the Bfg, why go to a 2ply sidewall on the lr C tires? The 5/32" tread depth difference also has me leaning towards the extreme countries. I wish there were more choices in these, what are now considered, oddball sizes!

The_Dude

Adventurer
I've had DCEC's on my YJ for a few months now and finally got to take them out for some fun yesterday. I'm running 35x12.5x15's on a 10" wide wheel. I was running BFG KM2's in the same size previously. First impressions were good. They're a bit taller and (good or bad) a full inch wider than the BFG's I removed. Road noise is minimal and equivalent to the KM2's as are their overall road manners. They performed better on the hard pack snow and slush but that's also comparing new tires to 1/2 tread, 3yr old BFG's. So far I'm happy with them.

Fresh off the truck:

View attachment 336013

Mounted and ready to bolt on:

View attachment 336014

Play time, aired down to 12psi:

DSCN1106_zpskr2lvp1v.jpg

DSCN1112_zpswenh5wit.jpg

DSCN1113_zpsnxqek8g5.jpg

I expected to see some lug wear but didn't think we were playing this hard. I'll be watching for more:

DSCN1115_zpsoksj3ksi.jpg

I thought that area looked familiar. Poison Spider! I used to live in Casper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRStaff

Observer
I will have mine on this weekend. Plan to run them on the street a few days to get rid of the mold release. Should have them ready for an easy trail next week.

(none)

Adventurer
Not quite the same but i have the fun country and I really love them, tad noisy but amazing off road

same here. my jk came with the fc 35x12.5x17. they were almost new when i got it. loud on the road, but they are great off road. i'm really impressed. Seem to wear well too. I have around 20k miles on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne