Diesel Multi Language Decals

craig333

Expedition Leader
How common is it to have an attendant pump diesel? I've never had an attendant pump diesel for me but I haven't traveled internationally (yet) either.

lugueto

Adventurer
I think its more common in the third world.

I've recently visited Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil. They all have attendants.

We don't have a single self-serve pump down here. As far as diesel goes, you don't wanna go anywhere near Venezuelan pumps. Best let the attendant take care of it. Even better if you don't get out of the car. They're FILTHY. They're like a poorly maintained 1950s pump that never ever gets cleaned.

krick3tt

Adventurer
When I had a Pinzgauer and traveled thru Oregon I would ask the attendant, since the fuel tank hole was so large that a nozzle would not stay in like on American vehicles, if they minded that I held the nozzle while they attended to other customers. Nobody minded if they started the filling.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I think its more common in the third world.

I've recently visited Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil. They all have attendants.

We don't have a single self-serve pump down here. As far as diesel goes, you don't wanna go anywhere near Venezuelan pumps. Best let the attendant take care of it. Even better if you don't get out of the car. They're FILTHY. They're like a poorly maintained 1950s pump that never ever gets cleaned.
They were probably immaculate until they nationalized everything and kicked the West out.

lugueto

Adventurer
They were probably immaculate until they nationalized everything and kicked the West out.

I'm not sure I would've called them immaculate but they at least were up to snuff. But yeah, that could be traced to be the root of pretty much every single problem down here.

We've been having a run-in of diesel vehicles as of late. Manufacturers are importing diesel variants for the first time ever and we're seeing diesel swaps become somewhat common. All this due to the gasoline shortages of last year. I'm not sure I'd pump our (most likely contaminated, pumped in a beatup fuel station) diesel in a brand new vehicle, but a 70 series with a 4BT would still be awesome..

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know of a source to get the original bright yellow sticker? Tools for adventure appear to be sold out.

Cheers,
-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke