Diesel Wrangler Road Test

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I have to agree, being a hard-core diesel guy... I don't want to sell my 05 LWB TJ, but a Cummins 4.2 diesel in the new JK might be too much to resist.

Diesel Joe said:
BASTARDS! Im waiting on the new Cummins 4.2 liter V6.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
I have to agree, being a hard-core diesel guy... I don't want to sell my 05 LWB TJ, but a Cummins 4.2 diesel in the new JK might be too much to resist.
too bad it's a V-6, the inline motor is just SO much better for so many reasons, Newtonian Physics for one...

Dave

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
4Rescue said:
too bad it's a V-6, the inline motor is just SO much better for so many reasons, Newtonian Physics for one...

Dave
Yep, I can't disagree with you but don't think too many inline engines are in our future, sad as it may be. But I'm just happy that it might be a Cummins even though I would have to give up my straight-six gasser Jeep to buy one :)

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
Yep, I can't disagree with you but don't think too many inline engines are in our future, sad as it may be. But I'm just happy that it might be a Cummins even though I would have to give up my straight-six gasser Jeep to buy one :)
yeah, just being Cummins is a big step in the right dirrection, hell a 4BT is 3.9L and can make alot of power. My guess is that they're going for smoothness and a tight package (everything an inline 6+ cylinder engine isn't...

I'm really hoping the rumors of Toyota bringing some genersl market diesel's to N.America will turn out to be true. I drove Diesel Toy's (HJ79 LC's) in Australia and I'm a firm beliver in the Diesel motor. A diesel's about the only thing I'd ever trade my 22re for

The 4.0 in Jeeps is one of my favorite engines ever. My dad's got a 98 XJ and I've always loved the thing. N

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier