DIN Size Entry Level 2M's??

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

I notice most of the entry level 2M are small in size.

Are there any that are the standard DIN size? I know its not the first priority when looking for a unit, but for my application it will be important.

Thanks

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
My thought is the depth would be the issue with most radios. Also keep in mind that your radio needs space around it for air to circulate, otherwise you'll probably have it shut off on you while transmitting a lot, particularly at full power.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Thanks Guys

I am trying to get one that fits in this handy new thing i got

MFK1357-console.jpg

asteffes

Explorer
Mlachica said:
the icom v8000 fit nicely with my single din head unit in my taco...

Yeah, if you're after a 2M-only radio, get the v8000. The front-firing speaker will work well with that mount.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
asteffes said:
Yeah, if you're after a 2M-only radio, get the v8000. The front-firing speaker will work well with that mount.

Thanks Asteffes,

Do they make any decent/affordable dual bands with a front firing speaker? I havent found any yet.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'm not aware of any dual band mobiles with front firing speakers. Kenwood also made a few single bands, like the TM-271A.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Boston Mangler said:
Do they make any decent/affordable dual bands with a front firing speaker? I havent found any yet.
Why not put in an external speaker? It's an extra cost of $25 I think.
external_speaker.jpg

LAW

Adventurer
i would suggest the Icom V8000 as well..
although it isn't the right width you could easily bolt a filler panel to the side
e9dd9123.jpg

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Grab an external speaker as well! If you use it at the races you will appreciate the ability to set the speak on the top of the car or the hood and keep the vehicle closed so it doesn't fill with dust as the race cars come by!
Plus they are great to plug into an ipod if you want to chill outside with music on and not be draining your battery. (I got some that are plenty loud without even turning on the amp, but if you do they are REALLY loud. Holds 4 c batteries and they run forever. In fact I've never replaced them in 2 years...
Radioshack!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke