DIN Size Entry Level 2M's??

asteffes

Explorer
Boston Mangler said:
Thanks Asteffes,

Do they make any decent/affordable dual bands with a front firing speaker? I havent found any yet.

No, I don't think so. You could always go external speaker or be really cool and wire it into your stereo's speakers.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
If you are driving around and bs'ing on a road trip the thing will get hot enough to burn your skin on. On the other hand it can be turned on at full power in listening mode with an occasional transmit for (about 3o hours is the max I've done) and it is still just warm to the touch. :rally_guys:
If there happens to be a few of us getting them at the same time HAM radio outlet or similar might give a discount. Before may 5th, race weekend, I am going to get a V8000 and a diamond mag mount antenna so if anyone else is getting one we can do a group buy...

97kurt

Adventurer
I'm sure your gonna be happy with the v8000 but dont over look the usefulness of a dual band. I just got an icom 208h and being able to listen to the police/emergency frequencies in the 70cm and 900mhz area is, well, kinda fun.

The 208 has a tiny tiny faceplate that will fit anywhere and I also picked up this speaker. http://universal-radio.com/catalog/speakers/3472.html

This is not my truck but I mounted the speaker in the exact same place.

DSC00252.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz