Dirt Sunrise: Tim and Kelsey get lost...

KMM

Kelsey_DirtSunrise
We make our way towards Lima and realize it is a shocking difference from the calm mountains we have been in. We search for a place to store Goose while we travel back to the USA and enjoy checking out this vibrant city.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I can see you guys sometime in the future selling Goose and getting a 70's series.
It's a tough choice. The 80 is so immensely better at offroad work and ride, but the 70 having a foot + longer wheelbase and diesel would be more of a home if we're able to keep traveling. They just truly suck offroad in terms of flex and ride after experiencing them this trip. Still, I go back and forth. We'll see.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Goose is part of you, don't sell unless you absolutely have to or you change the type of travel where you are doing less off highway.
Part of what makes your trip so interesting is that you guys always seek the lesser path, the places the other folks don't go.

SOAZ

Goose is part of you, don't sell unless you absolutely have to or you change the type of travel where you are doing less off highway.
Part of what makes your trip so interesting is that you guys always seek the lesser path, the places the other folks don't go.
Agreed. He's not going anywhere and we have no plans for him to. For the next continent I want to fix two issues. Diesel and a bit more room. We can do it with Goose I think if we find a wrecked Maltec in the local salvage yard or course. :D

SOAZ

Yes, but the Toyota options are too plentiful and cheap if we're in the right country.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SOAZ

Last month we did a live interview with Jailbreak Overlander while we were in Bolivia. He was kind enough to let us re-upload it to our channel.

KMM

Kelsey_DirtSunrise
Here is the updated tour of our tiny home AKA Goose AKA a 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80. We added a campteq pop-top and a few other items so that we can live in him full time. Hope you enjoy this closer look at how it all works.

KMM

Kelsey_DirtSunrise
We just make our flight home from Lima, enjoy the food, family and friends of home before we get our life in order so we can start working...and having some fun in our home country!

wewillroam

It's a tough choice. The 80 is so immensely better at offroad work and ride, but the 70 having a foot + longer wheelbase and diesel would be more of a home if we're able to keep traveling. They just truly suck offroad in terms of flex and ride after experiencing them this trip. Still, I go back and forth. We'll see.

Hanging for us to cross paths one day then you can have a wheel in Fat Betsy (y) If we can find you a 25 year or older 1HZ then you could even take it home with you! Not that i'm in anyway being an enabler :)

Ant.

SOAZ

Hanging for us to cross paths one day then you can have a wheel in Fat Betsy (y) If we can find you a 25 year or older 1HZ then you could even take it home with you! Not that i'm in anyway being an enabler :)

Ant.
Ant,
I can't wait! It's so tough to ship to AUS with the cost/cleanliness check that we might just need to pick up something! After wheeling our FJ40 I don't think I'd mind the 75. Just a different sort of beast. I can't speed up for the woopdeedoos I'm guessing. Well, I could once! ?
I think the diesel range, the character and the space of a 75/78 would be awesome. We've been filling up a lot as we transit some flat parts of Argentina and the fuel bill is killing us.
Plus, who doesn't love a troopy. I've been in love with them since I realized they even existed as a kid. ??
If we don't plan to go home right away an HDJ78 would be a dream. Dammit, enabler. ?

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles