DIY: Portable Sink / Gray water tank combo unit with Dometic Go

Site

Spent few hours to make this today.
ff941e9fd41f980eaf122427873d8eab.jpg

I have sprinter van, but did not want to install permanent sink and water system. I wanted to create something portable, easy to dump gray water, can be removable as we only use it when we take long road trip. This is my first try and will be making improvements overtime..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tall

I have sprinter van, but did not want to install permanent sink and water system. I wanted to create something portable, easy to dump gray water, can be removable as we only use it when we take long road trip. This is my first try and will be making improvements overtime..

Looks good. Nice work!

Site

Thanks. There are still areas need some improvements, but good enough for testing / weekend camping. Total cost is around $170. Dometic Go Faucet is little expensive (for what it is..) $99. But simple, functional and magnet at the base make this project simple and easy.

Last edited:

Site

Update..
Still need few modifications
6f974aec9947f7e89d127cf44f63f6b5.jpg

, but I really like the setting. good enough for field testing.. taking sons and dogs to weekend camping .

Kevin D

The basic idea is to have a portable sink that you can use in a van. We have a similar setup, with a cooler that we fill with ice, and a 5 gallon water jug that we usually keep filled with water. If you have a sink in the van, there's always a risk that it'll get clogged. That's why we take the portable sink. We don't use it all that often, but when someone needs to wash their hands, or we need water for cooking, cleaning, or whatever, it's great to have. I know it's not the best portable sink, but it works for what we need it for.

MiamiC70

Thanks. There are still areas need some improvements, but good enough for testing / weekend camping. Total cost is around $170. Dometic Go Faucet is little expensive (for what it is..) $99. But simple, functional and magnet at the base make this project simple and easy.
Expensive is an understatement. Also, the fact that Dometic chose to slap their name on. It mark it up and not even have the decency to request the OEM Chinese manufacturer make it USB-C in 2022 is even more disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior