Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Yeah, this was the quick 2 stake/2 line method and the wind was picking up... If I was gonna stay put it would get 4 guyouts total but I just wanted a quick pic to convey the concept.

Oh, I'm tracking with you... not a criticism -- the whole rig looks GTG. Answers the mail for a hasty shelter when you're on the go.

If I haven't used 60 meters of 550 cord I've been slacking. You know my affinity for anything that ends in drab...

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Sexy...

... Winchline!

I'm replacing my steel cable with this 80ft Viking 3/8 synthetic line with Safety Thimble and Winch Saver, light as a feather!

Upgraded to the Viking Delrin rollers and I'm in the process of relocating the solenoid box to under the hood. Next up will be the Warn wireless remote ;)

102_3520.jpg

Oh, and did I mention I had the FlipPac and bedsides repainted, graphics and pinstripes removed for a cleaner, Version 3.0 look?

Stay tuned for lots of other changes too!

:box::box::box:

Last edited:

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Stay tuned for lots of other changes too!

:box::box::box:

You big tease!

Do you mind if I announce that your had the truck and FT painted at the Camp Pendleton Maintenance Battalion Motor Pool in a nice desert flat tan or do you want me to hold off on that? I really think it looks motivating... get some!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Warn M8000 winch upgrades

Viking Delrin rollers and Viking synthetic line (3/8 x 80ft) with Safety Thimble. Rated at about 17,000 lbs :D
I tore down the winch while it was off the truck for a clean and lube. The release lever is smooth like butter now, you can see it shining in this pic ;)
102_3531.jpg

Relocated the winch solenoid pack under the hood, ran all new cables etc. Started to change the snorkel connection too, I need about 6-7 inches of 3 inch exhaust pipe to finish the connection. This will be more flexible and less of a PITA than my old solid pipe setup when it's time to change air filters.
102_3524.jpg

Made a new bracket for the Hella air horns and re-installed. Just enough room!
102_3526.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior