Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
asteffes said:
Should be very interesting to see 255/85/16s on an '05. I'm curious how the front end works out for ya.

Check out TY05 over on TS, he has some great pics of his truck doing Moab. He has an 05 DC with Toytec and 255's. I made sure someone had already been a guinea pig and tested it out :D

UncleChris

Adventurer
Just picked up a 255/85 TrXus MT today to do a test fit on the Taco.

I got a second set of the stock wheels off of ebay(the guy had them listed as alloys, not as wheels or rims, so I was the only bidder). I had tried an AR23, but the brake caliper would not clear.

The full leaf packs came from from AllProOffRoad last week and I am just waiting on the u-bolts. and they should be going on over the weekend along with the UCAs. It should give me about 2", which is right where I want to be.

I was looking at the brake lines. I am wondering if those need to be modified(anyone?) Right now I am sticking with the stock shocks, which should protect the brake lines(shocks as bumpstops) until I figure out whether a solution is needed. Long term plan is to go with Hoes in the rear as well, but they are a bit $$$$.

After the rear leafs go on and the Hoes are adjusted to level the truck, a trip to Hollister is in order. I'll find my favorite rut and try to stuff the 255, looking for rubbin. If that is successful, I am going to 255s and keeping the Revos mounted for pavement/mild offroad trips.

Will keep you posted.

UncleChris

Adventurer
05TACODOC said:
Check out TY05 over on TS, he has some great pics of his truck doing Moab. He has an 05 DC with Toytec and 255's. I made sure someone had already been a guinea pig and tested it out :D

There must be plenty of clearance, he still has his mudflaps on!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Suspension complete!!!!

Here are some pics (finally) of the finished product. Donahoe's, custom Deaver 12 leafs and big Bilstein 5100's out back. Had the truck over at Demello all day yesterday (Thanks to the Crew at Demello Off Road!) and it turned out awesome. Been planning, waiting, and saving over a year for all this to come together. The only snafu was the tire shop... they mounted the white letters on the outside despite my wishes. No biggie, they'll wear more evenly after I have them remounted later!
The BFG MT 255's ride nice and no rub YET but I'll try :hehe:

Putting on the Warn M8000 this weekend and then... :victory: :beer:

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Dayum!

That looks great and should be a rockin' suspension set up. As much as I like the new set up, the stock hood scoop is still my favorite part!

Great job and well worth the wait (now) I'm sure - :beer:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Rattsnake / Burns Run

Here we are in action on my shakedown cruise :shakin:

This was a TTORA run in the San Bernardino mountains, we had a great time! I'll post up more action pics as I get them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94