Dodge 1500 4x4 ?'s

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
My brother in law just picked up a basic 2006 Dodge 1500 4x4 quad cab with the 4.7 v8 and, get this, roll up windows!

I didn't know you could still buy a truck with roll up windows. Maybe there is still hope.

Anyways, the truck has a coil over shock set up in front, just like a Tundra. I think this is new for 2006 but could someone confirm this? I can't find anything on this.

A few companies are talking about adjustable coilovers for the truck...

Rockcrawler

Adventurer
I'm more familiar with the 2500/3500 suspension systems, but from what I see it does look like the suspension has changed from 05 to 06 on the 1500s. I did see on the pro comp site that they are offering a coil over as an option to their 5-6" lift system.

http://www.explorerprocomp.com/PDFs/07cat/26-27.pdf

I'm by no means endorsing procomp... they are just the first site that I saw reference to coilovers on...

Kyle

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Since I was at work all night with nothing to do, I did find some additional information regarding the 06+ 1500's. The "mid-model" updates included a stronger, fully boxed frame, additional sound dampening improvements, inconsequential cosmetic stuff, and the coil over shock style suspension set up using upper and lower a-arms. Basically, it looks like a Tundra under there.

So there are some real meat and potatoes improvements in the truck. It sure does drive real nice and is quiet and comfortable.

\\'anderer

Adventurer
06 is the first year for the coil overs. The 05's were torsion bar.

When I bought my 05 diesel, I could not get roll up windows, they were special order items.:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior