Dodge 2500 bed rack build

I’m not sure if the OEM PW locker will work or not but I had planned on an Eaton or Yukon unit. Really which ever one has the least noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have ARB lockers front and rear and LOVE them! I have put them through severe abuse using 41.5' tires over rocks and through texas mud. .... never any issues. I am a HUGE fan of ARB. They are (mechanically engineered) far superior the Eaton electric lockers but need a compressor in addition. I would run an onboard compressor anyway so that's no issue for me.

Explorerinil

Observer
Looks great!

Dumb question, but did you have trouble finding a RTT ladder long enough or did you modify it? I’ve been reading up on RTT options for a few years and can’t make up my mind, some people say a lifted full-size truck will have issues with the ladder touching the ground.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Looks great!

Dumb question, but did you have trouble finding a RTT ladder long enough or did you modify it? I’ve been reading up on RTT options for a few years and can’t make up my mind, some people say a lifted full-size truck will have issues with the ladder touching the ground.

Some companies offer different length ladders for taller applications.

For my slightly lower than cab height JB tent (7ish feet), the ladder appears to have around an extra foot of extension left.

Grump E-Vet

@Dodge in Texas I like the wheels and tire setup you are running and your truck’s stance, almost kind of throwbackish. In a good 80s headache rack full of KC lights, Marty McFly’s wet dream truck vibe, very nice.

That’s the Nuthouse rack? You mind showing how it mounts?

I have a suspicion that they mount it to 2 of the rambox hinge screws which is how I had originally designed mine. But I ended up moving in a different direction.

I bolted it to the bed (drilling 4 holes in side of bed) using (4) 1/2" bolts and nuts with lock washers. The base is a 3" x 3" angle Iiron. dodge rack3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles