Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

Healeyjet

Explorer
View attachment 428857We are getting ready for another trip in two weeks and I thought I better see if I can add photos straight from my phone and it looks like that will be the easiest.
Merry Christmas all.
Ward

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Pics working.
Any movement on its sale?
Enjoy your trip, Merry Christmas to you and Annie!

-Those Oregonians :)

Healeyjet

Explorer
We decided in July not to sell it after all. We are just having too much fun with it and don't want to be without it while another is being built.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to the Oregonians!!

Ward

java

Expedition Leader
We decided in July not to sell it after all. We are just having too much fun with it and don't want to be without it while another is being built.

Ward

Good plan! Sounded like they things you would have changed were pretty minor anyway.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Java they were totally minor and would not have changed our usage or enjoyment. The one thing we have decided to do is install an awning. It is all wired for one but we didn't put one on to see if we really need it. After the trip up the west coast in the spring we realized that due to a fair bit of rain we ended up staying inside the Cruiser when we really wanted to be outside. I had to install a new Homeworx over the air antenna to digital converter for the TV as the original one stopped working. They are cheap units but really good at what they do so I replaced it with the same thing.
Ward

java

Expedition Leader
Yeah that's what I sounded like. Awning is on my to do list too, they are just stupid expensive! Looking for a used Fiamma.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Ward

We always knew you'd come around to keeping it. :wings:

Healeyjet

Explorer
Darwin, so far we have 50,000 km or 30,000 miles on the tires. So far we love them. We don't find them loud at all and can easily carry on a conversation in the cab as easily as we do in our Jeeps. We rotated them side to side about 10,000 miles ago. We are starting to get some uneven wear on the fronts (cupping). It has not effected the ride or handling but you can feel it when you rub your hand along the tire. We are heading out in 10 days for a trip to Key West from here so will probably put on another 8,000 miles by the time we get home. After that trip I will look at possibility replacing the front tires. If I can get 40,000 miles out of a set of tires I think I will be pretty happy especially if I only have to replace two at a time.

Ward

How are the tires holding up and how many miles do you think you will get out of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles