Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

ATCws

Ward, have you had any issues with the Aisin trans? I go back in forth between a manual and an auto in an overland rig. I intend to use either the 4500 or the 5500 and put a camper on the back and travel out of the country. My concern is being out in the boonies with an auto and having an electrical issue stop my forward progress. I've read on line about a dead-pedal issue with the Aisin...have you experienced this? Appreciate any thought you might have....or anyone else, for that matter.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Hey ATCws, I would build the exact same camper the second time. The Cummins and Aisin have been flawless so far. I just googled Dead Pedal issue and I can assure you I am having nothing like that. The Cruiser will pull away from any stop almost as fast as the cars beside it. Like I said, so far no concerns at all with the power train.
Ward

ATCws

Hey ATCws, I would build the exact same camper the second time. The Cummins and Aisin have been flawless so far. I just googled Dead Pedal issue and I can assure you I am having nothing like that. The Cruiser will pull away from any stop almost as fast as the cars beside it. Like I said, so far no concerns at all with the power train.
Ward
thanks very much for the info, Ward. thats good to know.

GNTY

Adventurer
Finally saw your beautiful rig in passing yesterday in Lethbridge. Knew it was you from a block away. Hopefully one day I’ll get a closer look, good luck in your recent travels.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Left our kitchen reno behind for a much needed break to the mountains.
Just about to leave the house

We were treated to a beautiful sunset just a couple hours east of home.

More to come as soon as Photobucket can load.

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Breakfast stop just west of Fernie, BC

Between Fernie BC and Invermere BC
A rest stop along the way

Campsite at Banff

A fire just south west of Banff had us change our route an also clouded the sky with smoke

Using all the cooking arrows in my quiver

The reason we ended up in Banff to begin with. When your daughter in law says why don’t you join us in Banff for four days and this cat is waiting for you we jumped at the chance!

Ward

tmacc

Ward, A bit late to the party, but I appreciate all of the info you've provided. Beautiful truck, Too! We're a bit older(at least I am:), but we plan to take off this summer and duplicate your type of travel once the house sells this spring.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Yes. They parked beside us for a couple days before they headed to Mexico. We are heading home now. Sitting in a rest stop in Mount Shasta CA area. On to Portland by tomorrow/Wednesday. Then through Spokane and home by Sunday. Our next trip looks like down to Wixom MI end of April then NWOR in Plain WA and the BCOR a week later in BC in June.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles