Does a Canter 4x4 5 speed have high/low gear?

MattyShmatty

Hey guys, I'm trying to sort out some wiring on my truck which is missing a couple of switches.

My truck is a '97 canter FG538B and it's a 5 speed manual. I have two wires on the dash called T/F high and T/F low. My question is does anyone know if this will be fore "Transfer case high/low" or is it for a "PTO high idle or low idle"

The transfer case does have 2 vacuum actuated pistons on the side of it, one being for 4wd and I don't know what the other is for.

This transfer case does seem do have a PTO that has been decommissioned.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MattyShmatty

Nevermind, I figured out that it is in fact hi/low.

But I just have no power to the lines. Time to do some gremlin hunting I suppose...

gait

Explorer
just in case .............. while its easy to change from 2wd to 4wd while moving don't attempt to change from hi to lo while moving. Those wires may be either changeover or just sensors to indicate state.

skippythedog

Observer
....just had that conversation w/ the dealer in Portland.....Hi/Lo switches as you have confirmed........However, I can't imagine they'd route power to those switches....They probably operate by completing a ground circuit......

MattyShmatty

Thanks for the help. It is actually a power signal being sent, but only after the 4wd is engaged, the speed sensor is at zero, and the clutch pedal push sensor is in.

The 4wd is now working flawlessly hi and lo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz