Does a Gen 2/2.5 low fuel light illuminate when starting?

nckwltn

Explorer
Several of the dummy lights illuminate when starting the vehicle. That way you know the light works, and just isn't burnt out (or removed).

Last night on my way home, heading up hill the low fuel light came on (I was low), a little further up the next hill I noticed that the light wasn't coming on at all. When I start the car, I don't see the low fuel light illuminate, but I don't recall if it ever did light up before.

Also, if you haven't seen the light before, it comes on faintly and then increases in brightness as the reading changes from just "kind of low" to "REALLY SUPER LOW". This is why I think my light is burnt out because it should have continued to come on just a little as I continued my drive.

This also makes me think that it isn't a good candidate for LED replacement, unless the LED is dimmable.

Anyway, if someone can go to their Montero, start it up and look for the low fuel light to turn on showing that it works, then I'll know mine is actually out. I'd rather not try to push the limits just to see if it works.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Mine has come on before while driving and then gone off when the incline changed, seemed odd at first but was pretty easy to figure out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior