Dometic CFX-50 runs continuously and won't freeze.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Interesting development. It seems to be working now. We had a storm and the power flickered. Now I can see it to -8 and it gets there. Things are frozen in all parts of the cooler too. That's with a heat advisory in effect and my garage being in the 90s. Guess it just needed a power cycle?!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Did you switch it off for a day or two ?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Based on the behavior of both my ARB and My CFX somethingorother... 28 maybe?? You shouldn’t expect 8 L of water to freeze very quickly at all. Maybe days or weeks when set near or just below freezing. Maintaining already frozen will work, but without forced airflow, you simply can’t remove energy fast enough to accomplish frozen solid.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Based on the behavior of both my ARB and My CFX somethingorother... 28 maybe?? You shouldn’t expect 8 L of water to freeze very quickly at all. Maybe days or weeks when set near or just below freezing. Maintaining already frozen will work, but without forced airflow, you simply can’t remove energy fast enough to accomplish frozen solid.
At -18*c or 0*f that water should freeze within 6 to 10 hours, My ARB 47L will freeze 1 litre bottles of water and soft drink in just a few hours in around 2 to 4 / 5 hours Max.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Wow !! I have to buy one of those ’fridges, maybe two !!
Seriously, something is way out of sorts with those Ah values...
Have a read of my post from back in April this year and see the two photos I posted That test was done in temps of around 18*c, and those pictures show the Ah and the Watts used in a 24hr period,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior