Drifta Drawer Style Build (Toyota Prado 120/ Lexus GX470)

Echodawg

Wanderer
Do you remember the actual name of those catches for the paddle latches? Were they designed for that purpose? What section of HD? I looked all over my local HD and could not find anything. Even online I'm striking out.

GXWagon

Adventurer
Do you remember the actual name of those catches for the paddle latches? Were they designed for that purpose? What section of HD? I looked all over my local HD and could not find anything. Even online I'm striking out.

I got them on ebay. I thought I provided a link in the post. I don't know if these are the same link but they look pretty close. I sprayed them with primer and flat black paint.

GXWagon

Adventurer
Not the latch but the catches as you shown here:

Ahhh yeah those I got at home depot. They were in the hardware section in one of those little plastic drawers located on their spinning speciality hardware storage containers. I will go to HD and see if I can't get an SKU for you. Have you tried showing the photos to a HD hardware guy?

Echodawg

Wanderer
Thanks. I should bring in a photo, I tried explaining it but the guy had no idea what I was talking about, lol.

carmad

Followed your plans and this is what I ended up with, thanks for the inspiration and cutting diagram. Just need to finish covering the wings and sleeping platform extension.
20170428_133023.jpg
20170422_103635.jpg
20170429_142231.jpg
20170505_171347.jpg

GXWagon

Adventurer
Thanks. I should bring in a photo, I tried explaining it but the guy had no idea what I was talking about, lol.

Went to home depot and they are called "Male Taper Connectors" If you do a quick google search you will see they are what I used.

lazybummm

Thanks for the posting the details about your build. I'm currently planning to build drawers and a fridge slide largely based on your design. I have one quick question about the depth, you built 37" deep drawers, was that with the 2nd row seat backs unreclined? Does it recline at all? I reclined my seats a little and measured 34" deep. Although I'm building my drawers to ~20 inches high, so that's less space when seat is reclined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94