Drifta Drawer Style Build (Toyota Prado 120/ Lexus GX470)

GXWagon

Adventurer
Did you ever sort out legs for the table?

I did end up sorting out the table legs. I purchased Aluminum tent poles online. I cut them down to size and had my friendly neighbourhood welder weld in the right spots and put her together myself. looks just like the drifta drawer table. I'll post pics shortly. Also, it looks like I need to update my photos from the beginning of this post. Damn Photobucket!

nixid

Observer
GXWagon
Could you post some photos of how you chose to attach the wings and the sleeping platform. Love the design for the box and want to see what you came up with for the wings and sleeping platform.

GXWagon

Adventurer
GXWagon
Could you post some photos of how you chose to attach the wings and the sleeping platform. Love the design for the box and want to see what you came up with for the wings and sleeping platform.

Hi there,

I used shelving brakets for the wings and L brakets that slide into a brass piece I found at home depot for the sleeping platform. I will try and post some photos for you soon.

Last edited:

Giacobbe

Giacobbe
Super job! I start now... Soon I'll post some photos.
Why "HDPE" and not "drawer guides"?
Ciao from Italy.
Giacomo

kylemustonGX

The and more I use these drawers the better they are sliding. I was really happy with how they slid in the beginning, but now it's as if they float. It's amazing. Also no rattling or banging around. They are silent back there even on rough terrain. I love them.

I also built an optional extension that clips to the rear of the drawers to make a sleeping platform. I will post photos soon!

I also bought some cheap card table for $15 on craigslist and hacked the legs off. They fold up and work perfectly for my slide out table. I will also post photos of that soon too!

What did you use to attach the sleeping platform to the drawers?

gxout

Any thoughts on using some ball catches like these (Amazon Link) to hold the drawers and table in place when extended (midway stop for the table) would work? They seem to be small enough to be able to put into the box sides. Not sure if they would be strong enough to hold it if on a hill or something but at least having a little resistance before pulling the box out too far would be nice (thinking if someone else uses them vs just knowing when to stop).

Silver_Slug

Hi, I was wondering what thickness for the table you went with? I am looking to do something identical in my drawer build but am not sure how thick of a top to go with or how deep it needs to be so that I can hide the legs inside the bottom of it.

gxout

Hi, I was wondering what thickness for the table you went with? I am looking to do something identical in my drawer build but am not sure how thick of a top to go with or how deep it needs to be so that I can hide the legs inside the bottom of it.

Based on the original plans the height of the area that holds the table is ~2 inches, but I assume that'll have to be adjusted to whatever you're going to use for the legs. I haven't found a good off the shelf solution for the legs and looks like it'll have to be custom made to fit. I assume the tabletop is still 1/2 in. plywood like the rest of the box.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles