Drop down fridge slide

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Hey everybody!

Looking for a drop down fridge slide for my ARB 50 QT. Read through a bunch of threads and one said that Engel-USA sells them but I checked their website and they don't have it on there. Does anybody have any fresh leads to get a drop slide in the USA? Thanks!

Caleb

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Geez! Just checked out their product, rediculously expensive! I can't justify spending more than what I spent for the fridge! Insane!

VATACO

Adventurer
Tembo or bust.

What you're asking for is a very small market and the tooling and materials aren't cheap.

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
Your right....they are however the icing on the cake for any drawer system. I've decided to build something on my own, more like a tilt down fridge slide instead of a full drop down slide. In a couple weeks I'll build this and add some photos.
Tembo or bust.

What you're asking for is a very small market and the tooling and materials aren't cheap.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Please post pics of what you come up with... I too am looking at building my own and have found good info on the net about how to build one...
I just havent had the time....

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I should of bought a welder years ago....Planning a non-metal alternative but will have drawer slides. In a couple weeks I'll post pictures when I start that project.
Motivation for you...
http://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition-builds/305060-drop-down-fridge-slide.html
attachment.php

For $600 (or less!) consider buying a welder and using a tilting or drop down design. Simple enough to build and you get the feature you need, a welder, and the future opportunity to be creative.

p1010333e.jpg
This isn't mine and I would do it similarly, but this design is much simpler with fewer moving parts than the tembo tusk and engel versions which i hear are prone to eventual failure.

I built a sliding fridge mount for about $40 in material and 3 hours of work and bolted it directly to the floor. Since I had limited time availability, I didn't get many pics... but here's one as I was welding it together.
66575_837466414051_1515048727_n.jpg

In my vehicle, I use the area above my fridge to store dry food stuffs in cheapo plastic boxes. Keep in mind I designed and built the temporary solution below a week before a trip...
23868_844823939511_69308891_n.jpg
My justification is that the dry foods are lighter weight than the fridge and putting the fridge atop a drawer system complicates things further. I'll be designing a modular system with a singular drawer to the right of the fridge with a similar style shelf over the fridge. I'll be putting an air compressor the left of the fridge (efficient use of space). In the drawer would go tools, spares, and recovery items. Atop will be the rest of the gear that resides inside the truck.

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
For sure! Like I said earlier, it will be a couple weeks probably for the build but I already ordered the drawer slides for them and mentally drawing out the plans...
Please post pics of what you come up with... I too am looking at building my own and have found good info on the net about how to build one...
I just havent had the time....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles