Ducati Scrambler: Adventure Redefined

Lennart

Adventurer
Traded in my Monster 1000 for a Scrambler Classic. Should be getting the luggage rack any day now. First trip abroad is planned in two weeks. Bring on the adventure :)

0ByV9S.jpg

MattScott

Approved Vendor
You know that I am no HD apologist and would rather ride a giant tortoise than a Harley, but you have to admit, far more riders travel on those hunks of junk than any other brand of moto. At least in the US.

My Dad has put somewhere between 15,000-20,000 miles on his Harley every year since he bought it three years ago. I suspect that is more riding than most adventure riders on this forum do.

I know he wants a GS really bad, but he lives in the Midwest, and an adventure bike makes about as much sense on flat, uninspiring Illinois roads as a Harley does in Baja.

There are some really, really bad Harley riders out there. I mean, terrible.

wyorover

scrambler

i fell in love with this bike right away put money on one but as the time went by i found out its not really a ducati its not built in their factory
after getting back from a 1000 mile ride on my 2015 ultra limited (nice bike just not for me) i went down to get my money back and left with a
2015 f800gs adventure love this bike on and off road can't believe with all bikes i have owned never tried one
i guess what I'm getting at is you can get a lot more bike for not a lot more money than the scrambler but yes the urban endure is cool

Last edited:

jerdog53

Explorer
Thats not true. The bikes built for Europe and North America are built in Italy and the bikes for the Asian market are built in Thailand.

wyorover

Scrambler

You should call and set ducat straight you seem to know a lot more about their operation than anyone Ells including the dealers

Lennart

Adventurer
You should call and set ducat straight you seem to know a lot more about their operation than anyone Ells including the dealers

Jerdog53 is right so the dealers should indeed know this ;)
European and US Scramblers come off the production line in Bologna (Italy). For Asian and other markets engine and frame are built in Italy and bikes are assembled in Thailand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles