E-Series Shocks for Moog CC880s Coil Lift?

UHAULER

Explorer
Thanks for all the replies guys. I guess I'm still a bit confused on what to do here. @Raul I'm leaning towards your set up with the CC880 regulars and those RV B6 Bilsteins you recommended. You can confirm it worked to lift your E-150? Thanks!

The other option would be just go for a lift block and spacer kit. i found one for like $300 at Fordpartsone.com (I think its the old maxxlift). Anyone gone that route before? Thanks.

I had a 98 e350 extended with a v10. I tried the cc880s and it lifted the front about 2". For me it was a little stiff so I took them out and used some front spacers from ebay with the stock springs. I preferred the softer, more compliant ride. If you are OK with the stock ride, I would try the spacer kit first with Bilstein shocks.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I had a 98 e350 extended with a v10. I tried the cc880s and it lifted the front about 2". For me it was a little stiff so I took them out and used some front spacers from ebay with the stock springs. I preferred the softer, more compliant ride. If you are OK with the stock ride, I would try the spacer kit first with Bilstein shocks.

What is your van’s front axle weight? Rear?

My rig is 3000lbs front and 6000ish lbs rear. I found it bottomed out and swayed violently side to side on potholed roads. 880s and Bilstein shocks are way better.

UHAULER

Explorer
What is your van’s front axle weight? Rear?

My rig is 3000lbs front and 6000ish lbs rear. I found it bottomed out and swayed violently side to side on potholed roads. 880s and Bilstein shocks are way better.
I never weighed it. It was a stock 2wd e350 extended v10, just a guess but my van was probably about 6,000-6,500 lbs. Are you talking about your ambulance ?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
For reference
7.3 - 920lbs dry
V10 - 620lbs
5.4. - 500-550 lbs

The 880s are HD springs to carry a 7.3... given the V10 is 300 lbs lighter, they’ll ride harsher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior