E350 10ft Box Van

patoz

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the info!

Right now, I don't have any windows in my ambulance that open so I would only benefit from the shades. The only windows I have now are in the three doors, so they can't be made any larger. However, if they have drop in replacements that will fit without the holes needing to be cut any larger, I may replace mine at a later date.

cabnetguy

Hi,
I'm planning a u-haul truck build and want to cut out the front of my box for a walk thru opening at the cab as you have done. Have you noticed any signs of stress at the cab to box mounting point or the doors getting tweaked from flex?

Hi,
I'm planning a u-haul truck build and want to cut out the front of my box for a walk thru opening at the cab as you have done. Have you noticed any signs of stress at the cab to box mounting point or the doors getting tweaked from flex?

All is good. I spoke with the manufacturer of my box before removing the bulkhead and they assured me there wouldn’t be an issue. Plenty of boxes and e-series rv running around with an open pass-thru that I would assume you wouldn’t have a problem either, but????

cabnetguy

That is my thought as well. My truck is longer (176"wheelbase) so there is more room for flex, but I have looked at shuttle buses with the factory roof cut out as well as the back opening and found no evidence of stress (stuck doors from the cab twisting, etc). I thought that it would be a good idea to ask you since you have had your truck on the road for a while. How rough are the roads that you generally travel on?

Last edited:
That is my thought as well. My truck is longer (176"wheelbase) so there is more room for flex, but I have looked at shuttle buses with the factory roof cut out as well as the back opening and found no evidence of stress (stuck doors from the cab twisting, etc). I thought that it would be a good idea to ask you since you have had your truck on the road for a while. How rough are the roads that you generally travel on?

We built our truck to winter in Mexico/Central America. We love to explore remote stretches of coast, so the roads range from excellent highway to non existent 4lo bushwhacking......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94