E350 Chinook Build

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I have made plans with the painter to bring the rig down this Saturday for paint. He said should have it done in 2-3 weeks!

Drove around to a couple dealers this weekend looking at different Brown colors. My big concern with the color is that it will look to light/bronzy in direct sun like the ford color I first wanted.

These four browns I like, first two have a slight gray tint to them, the third color (Honda) is deep brown! Last is an infinity color that I liked.

Mazda CX-5

GMC Acadia

and this Honda CRV...

Infinity

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
I think I like the GM it's the most grey looking, from the pics anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Toyota Pyrite Brown Mica

Goes excellent with both Black and Tan accessories. One of my favorite colors on an adventure truck.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Toyota Pyrite Brown Mica

View attachment 513617

Goes excellent with both Black and Tan accessories. One of my favorite colors on an adventure truck.

So funny as I opened up this thread and read your post there was a Pyrite Tacoma behind me in traffic haha. I do like the color but want to go with something darker for the camper.

I did think for a minute to paint it the color of my Tundra which is very similar to what you suggested.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Im not putting any of the stripes or chinook logos back on the camper so I'm worried without them it might need something to break up the solid color. I've been talking with a few buddies i know who do vinyl wraps and graphics about doing something like this...

java

Expedition Leader
Im not putting any of the stripes or chinook logos back on the camper so I'm worried without them it might need something to break up the solid color. I've been talking with a few buddies i know who do vinyl wraps and graphics about doing something like this...

View attachment 513710
I think that exact truck is saved in my wrap ideas folder to.....

Reactions: DRP

Coachgeo

Explorer
Thinking some scenic scene like that mog with mine too but more likely with tree's. The base being being olive drab and the scene using the other colors found in the more modern camo patterns.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
I think that exact truck is saved in my wrap ideas folder to.....

Yea I’ve had that saved for a while too. Would like to do something similar using the Fitz Roy sky line.

Thinking some scenic scene like that mog with mine too but more likely with tree's. The base being being olive drab and the scene using the other colors found in the more modern camo patterns.

That sounds like it would be cool!

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Took the 5hr drive yesterday and dropped the camper off in VA at Fast Eddies Auto Body. Decided to go with Eddie since he already resprayed a fellow Chinook owners rig last year and because the price was great! For 5k he is not only respraying the chinook, he’s also going to clean the frame up and paint it with a durable tractor paint (similar to a por-15). Plus while he’s doing that I asked if he can wire wheel my steel wheels and paint them too and he said no problem!

Last edited:

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Willywalderbeas, are you looking at decal or full wrap? Fast Eddies is less than two hours away, when your rig is ready I would love to come take a look at it....

Also, did you have any stress cracks you or they are fixing?

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Willywalderbeas, are you looking at decal or full wrap? Fast Eddies is less than two hours away, when your rig is ready I would love to come take a look at it....

Also, did you have any stress cracks you or they are fixing?

The graphic would be a vinyl decal, although quite large, not a full wrap. Actually Eddie said he has a guy down there that could do it. He would lay down the paint base, have him do the graphic, then clear the whole vehicle which would keep the graphic protected.

Yes the rig does have a few small spots with some stress cracking, he is going to take care of all that before paint.

HA! Fast Eddies, I'm right down the road from there! Anxious to see the finished product.

Small world haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles