E350 Chinook Build

java

Expedition Leader
Scored 4 6V batteries, thinking of running them even tho it’s probably overkill. Debating on moving the current battery location to the inside to help keep the batteries warmer in the winter months. Going to play with some layouts under the bench seat.
View attachment 545147
I'm running 4 6v AGMs for a 500ah capacity. It's nice!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Scored 4 6V batteries, thinking of running them even tho it’s probably overkill. Debating on moving the current battery location to the inside to help keep the batteries warmer in the winter months. Going to play with some layouts under the bench seat.

On my Chinook I am running 2 6v, battery box too small for 4 plus weight would be issue. Good luck getting the 4 inside, I would have got 4 if reconfiguaring everything wasn't a pain. I may try to insulate battery box for this winter, not sure how much it will help though.

Chorky

Observer
I’m not going to buy dedicated snow tires ....

Did you decide on tire situations yet? Even though studs are hard on roads, if your staying in northern snowy areas why not just run studs on your current tires, remove them in spring, and pick up a new set of shoes before the next snow in 2020? Might be the most cost effective solution, get you through another year. I have ST Maxx on my TJ. They're 'ok' in the snow. Not so great in the ice or compact stuff. I had to chain up last year when western WA got 3' of snow in a week's time. Then again, Jeep is light and small... I have duratracs on my F350. Had some slippage issues the other day in some slick snot, almost clay type soil. Haven't had them through a harsh winter yet though.

Nice progress by the way!

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Did you decide on tire situations yet? Even though studs are hard on roads, if your staying in northern snowy areas why not just run studs on your current tires, remove them in spring, and pick up a new set of shoes before the next snow in 2020? Might be the most cost effective solution, get you through another year. I have ST Maxx on my TJ. They're 'ok' in the snow. Not so great in the ice or compact stuff. I had to chain up last year when western WA got 3' of snow in a week's time. Then again, Jeep is light and small... I have duratracs on my F350. Had some slippage issues the other day in some slick snot, almost clay type soil. Haven't had them through a harsh winter yet though.

Nice progress by the way!

Yea going to stick with my original plan and stud them. Then get new tires in the spring. ??

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Any More details on that?

It’s from rvlock.com. I’ve seen them before but the reviews and price kept me from ordering. When I found the new door on eBay it came with the lock, so I figured I try it. Works great, I love it!!!

java

Expedition Leader
It’s from rvlock.com. I’ve seen them before but the reviews and price kept me from ordering. When I found the new door on eBay it came with the lock, so I figured I try it. Works great, I love it!!!
Cool thanks! I just haven't seen one with the keypad on the wall like that

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Cool thanks! I just haven't seen one with the keypad on the wall like that

Yea I believe it’s an older style. All the ones on their website now have the keypad attached to the handle.

Between that and the new combo locks I put on all the exterior doors I can access everything without having a million keys on my keychain. I have a buddy installing a car starter with keyless entry for the front cab doors as well before we leave! I recently sold my Tundra and pulled my gps fob out before the sale and will install it in the camper so I can start/lock/unlock the rig from my phone from anywhere too! Plus it will have GPS tracking incase of theft ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94