E350 Chinook Build

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Well thats just beautiful.

great job!

I have the key less locks on my fifth wheel that i full time in, and also on my outfitter. Have had them for a few years, so far i like them. I will have to replace the number pad sticker though for the fiver( its the oldest one I have, but maybe 3 years old. ) I still have not had to replace any batteries.

Last edited:

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Well thats just beautiful.

great job!

I have the key less locks on my fifth wheel that i full time in, and also on my outfitter. Have had them for a few years, so far i like them. I will have to replace the number pad sticker though for the fiver( its the oldest one I have, but maybe 3 years old. ) I still have not had to replace any batteries.

Thanks! Awesome to hear the battery lasts that long, that was one thing I was worried about ??

eporter

Adventurer
Looking sharp! Hey, I can see your Onan... maybe time to stealth paint it?
05b640549b4b324138f7fed62956d4e8.jpg

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Got the rig back home, trying to figure out what to do with this ladder. My buddy welded an extension on the rear leg so it would acct for the tiered roof but I don’t love how high it sits now.

I’m thinking I’m going to cut off his extension and cut down the forward leg a bit as well. Only problem with that is I’ll have to cut the bottom rug of the ladder off as well to allow for the generator compartment door to open still. I should still be able to get on the ladder but it will be a bit tougher.

95B51241-2372-417A-848F-06CCFFA12E8F.jpeg9602036E-FE23-409A-AA66-4B9AA3151403.jpeg353E210B-0E1A-428B-9B4B-89015F1369E2.jpeg

willywalderbeast

Master of None
We’re a couple days out from taking off in the camper. Trying to finish up some last minute things. Swapped out my two 12v batteries for 4 6v. Ran some 12v outlets recently too. One for the tv, and two under the shelf in our bed area for charging phones at night and for a heated blanket my wife insists on bringing haha. Got the ladder mounted finally today. Most of our stuff is packed too!!! E23EB324-893C-4C9C-AB48-3EEBD06ACDF5.jpeg
3EAD9825-514C-4987-AA87-21E5839241F4.jpeg

Just need to find a new propane fill fitting tomorrow hopefully as ours leaks (currently capped and waiting to burn up the rest of the propane). Then the camper will be 100% ready to go! We’ll just need a day or so to get our rental property sorted and we’re outta here!!!!

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Does your battery storage area have slide out tray that held the two 12 volt batteries, and if so did you take it out to fit the four 6v’s and did you reinforce storage floor to account for weight of two extra batteries?

I have rear door chinook and am using two 6v old tray, but was thinking why not take tray out and install two more, but not sure they would hold weight.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Does your battery storage area have slide out tray that held the two 12 volt batteries, and if so did you take it out to fit the four 6v’s and did you reinforce storage floor to account for weight of two extra batteries?

I have rear door chinook and am using two 6v old tray, but was thinking why not take tray out and install two more, but not sure they would hold weight.

Yup I removed the tray and 4 standard golf cart sized 6v fit perfectly. They have to be positioned how you see them in the photo. And have to be tilted sideways to fit them in. I didn’t feel the need to reinforce the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94