E350 Chinook Build

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Mounted the Thule box I was debating on if I should bring or not. I’ll keep it for the winter at least. Will have to come off when I switch out the snowboards for the surfboards.
E2898DCF-53C3-4A1A-874D-235F11053F52.jpeg

Still trying to work out an electrical issue with my tail lights I’m having then we’re done!!! It’s driving me crazy tho ???

eporter

Adventurer
How do you open the Thule box up there with both latches? I had a slightly newer one with just one central lock/latch. Recently swapped it for a newer one with just one lock/latch and a super quick cam/handle style clamp for easy on/off when we don’t need it.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
How do you open the Thule box up there with both latches? I had a slightly newer one with just one central lock/latch. Recently swapped it for a newer one with just one lock/latch and a super quick cam/handle style clamp for easy on/off when we don’t need it.

It’s a pain, I have to get on the roof to do it. But it was free and we won’t be needing to access it often so I’m not worried.

eporter

Adventurer
Free is the best price! My old one had hinge issues and I thought about trying to make it hinge from the front and latch at the rear. They really are just overpriced plastic tubs. Simple to mod if needed.

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Fixed the tail light issue. After checking and redoing every ground on the chassis and running a whole new ground to the frame it turned out to be the factory wire harness connector. Of course it’s in the worse location, inside the frame rail above the grey tank! So I routed a whole new harness with new connectors on both ends and everything works perfect now. I’m just glad it’s fixed. We should be ready to hit the road tomorrow!!!

brushogger

Explorer
We’ll be on the look out for you. We’re full timing now. Currently in Cali. We have to make a short trip ( flying) to Dallas on Thursday for a few days, then we’ll be heading for Death Valley. I’d love to see your truck!

Attachments

• 0145BBF8-5DBF-483B-8AAB-3BFDDF60C0B9.jpeg
    0145BBF8-5DBF-483B-8AAB-3BFDDF60C0B9.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 66

willywalderbeast

Master of None
What are your plans ? Full time out west ?

Yea rough plan is to travel for a few years. Snowboard all winter, Alaska in the summer, then eventualy do the Pan American Highway all the way to South America.

We’ll be on the look out for you. We’re full timing now. Currently in Cali. We have to make a short trip ( flying) to Dallas on Thursday for a few days, then we’ll be heading for Death Valley. I’d love to see your truck!

Yea man for sure. Are you on IG? Might be easier to connect on there and see where we’re at. @willywalderbeast

java

Expedition Leader
Bags work well to be adjustable for when you don't have the bike.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles