EarthRoamer Cost?

Scott Brady

Founder
Charlie. You know why they do it. . .

To poo-poo someone's expensive toy just validates their own financial condition and circumstances. It makes them feel better.

However, my personal favorite is the "More money than sense" statement, of course made by the brilliant person working as a Walmart greeter. You know, all those self-made millionaires buying $250,000 toys with the fruits of their immense success are just bafoons with no common sense, and the Walmart guy is really so much smarter, but has been kept down by "The Man".

People are passionate about their vehicles and often unwilling to accept that others might like something different, or be able to afford or willing to buy something so expensive. To each his own.

Momrocks

Adventurer
However, my personal favorite is the "More money than sense" statement, of course made by the brilliant person working as a Walmart greeter. You know, all those self-made millionaires buying $250,000 toys with the fruits of their immense success are just bafoons with no common sense, and the Walmart guy is really so much smarter, but has been kept down by "The Man".

Wow, I guess I didn't read those posts closely enough. I seem to have missed all that. :ylsmoke:

Scott Brady

Founder
That was not in the posts in this thread, but the hundred others on the net about expensive vehicles of any type.

I just find the irony of that statement humorous, and much more descriptive of the person saying it that the individual it is directed towards. . .:ylsmoke:

Momrocks

Adventurer
It just seems that generalizing, using Wal-Mart greeter and financial status isn’t any better than a poster generalizing about EarthRoamer owners inheriting their wealth. Both are demeaning and neither is probably true in all cases.

disclaimer: I am neither a Wal-mart greeter nor trust fund baby and neither were harmed in the making of this post

-

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Charlie. You know why they do it. . .

To poo-poo someone's expensive toy just validates their own financial condition and circumstances. It makes them feel better.

People are passionate about their vehicles and often unwilling to accept that others might like something different, or be able to afford or willing to buy something so expensive. To each his own.

Holy Degrading and Insulting Post Batman!

Just because there are some that disagree with the expendatures of the "well endowed" doesn't make that person of unfortunate financial means, a low income worker, or otherwise. I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to say here, but the way I read it is "Everybody wants to have a big toy but most of them are just too stupid and poor to ever get one...".

Wrong.

Scott Brady

Founder
EarthRoamers too expensive?

I am pulling a bunch of posts out of a for sale listing and here for further discussion if required.

Aggie

Adventurer
Am I the only one that will come out and say the EarthRoamers are overpriced for what you get? Of course I have never seen one in person but it just seems everyone keeps walking around the subject saying "Boy they are expensive and I wouldn't buy one, but I also don't have the money..."

The Market decides the price of something, always has, and outside of the prices set by EarthRoamer the Market tends to lean more towards a 1-ton Truck and a Lance Truck Camper to fullfill the same role that MOST people use a truck and camper for (maybe not us wheeling expo folks, but most people out there) and the price of a new truck and truck camper is significantly less than a new EarthRoamer. So my question is where does EarthRoamer get their pricing? What is their Mark Up? How much Profit are they making? 50%? 100%? 200%? What is fair in the RV Market?

Just food for thought, thanks for the new thread Scott!

kjp1969

Explorer
Holy hell, we're not going down this road again, are we?

Of course they're expensive. So are Rolexes, Ferraris, Chateau Neuf de Pap, Cuban cigars, iphones, boob jobs, Mac tools, Parker shotguns, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Pick your poison and your budget and shaddup already!!! I want a new rule: Only people who have actually seen/worn/driven/groped/drank/used/fired/smoked an ER/Rolex/Ferrari/Chateau Neuf de Pap/Cuban cigar/iphone/boob job/Mac tool/ Parker shotgun gets to criticise them. Everyone else can keep your ill-informed, speculative, non-opinion to yourself.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
:lurk:

If I was in that wealth bracket, I'd take a serious look at the ER Jeep. Hell yeah.

And...well,...we all know both sides of this arguement pretty well already...it's too easy to critique how others spend thier money, and we've all done it. And we've all at one time or another been the little guy doing more with less, and the big guy doing less with more. While I hate those snide comments too, I caught myself chuckling at a pic on another thread of a 6x6 Pinz camping on an asphalt slab site. But we don't know the other guy's situation or context. If you were worth $21m, like a guy I ride dirt bikes with, then would you consider it to be expensive? You may not see any significant difference between the price tags of a $25k Rubicon and the $160k ER, only that the ER works for you and the Ruby doesn't.

Live and let live.

Last edited:

Aggie

Adventurer
Holy hell, we're not going down this road again, are we?

Of course they're expensive. So are Rolexes, Ferraris, Chateau Neuf de Pap, Cuban cigars, iphones, boob jobs, Mac tools, Parker shotguns, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Pick your poison and your budget and shaddup already!!! I want a new rule: Only people who have actually seen/worn/driven/groped/drank/used/fired/smoked an ER/Rolex/Ferrari/Chateau Neuf de Pap/Cuban cigar/iphone/boob job/Mac tool/ Parker shotgun gets to criticise them. Everyone else can keep your ill-informed, speculative, non-opinion to yourself.

Wow, how bout this, I give you a little insight about my line of work and then you can criticize all you want. I evaluate what things are worth. For Insurance Companies. For a Living.

If I am going to buy something I look at its resale value and what it will be worth when my patience/attention is through with it. Let me go ahead and point out the flaws in your argument...

I have a Rolex on my wrist at this very moment. A special one at that, a 50th Edition Rolex Submariner. Green Bezel with a Black Face. A watch that you don't see everyday, and good money was paid for it. And I guarantee you to replace this watch today on the USED market, it would cost $2500 more than when I bought it. I will tell you right now that my Luminox keeps better time but that is not why I have the Rolex now is it? Appreciation in an INVESTMENT is in no way comparable to a vehicle that will DEPRECIATE and the fact that you felt it necessary to bring it up in this thread just goes to show your very ignorance in the manor of things that are slightly more expensive. Also while you are at it leave out Fine Wines that have been kept at the right temperature and out of sunlight, Cuban Cigars in a Humidor (There is an embargo for Christ's Sake you can't get them!) and Certain Classic Guitars and Cars. They are investments that payoff because of their Rarity.

Now Unfortunately while EarthRoamers may not be abundant the Used Market has shown their REAL value. They just don't hold it. Their values drop like a rock. Why do people buy them and then try to get out from underneath them here on the Portal? Impulse buy of the worst kind is all I can figure.

As far as your Snap On/Mac/Matco Tools argument, well those tools never depreciate but they also don't appreciate so argument is again, false.

As far as the Boob Job goes, Well I can't purchase used ********** so I have to agree with you, no clue if it is worth while. :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94