Earthroamer showing

N8URE2

Adventurer
Not sure if you guys are aware, EarthRoamer will be at the grand opening of the Rocky Mountain Airport (formerly JeffCo) on Saturday June 9 in Broomfield CO (Denver/Boulder).
Is anyone for the group planning on attending, IT'S FREE !!!

Digital Nomad

FYI: I just received an e-mail from EarthRoamer announcing that they will now offer the XV-LT on a Dodge 5500 chassis as a special order item. That means you can get a Cummins diesel setup.

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
special order

Ben,

Does that mean the Earthroamer folks will use the Ford cab/chassis exclusively, or that they have some issue with the Dodge?

Chip Haven

haven

Expedition Leader
that's right

I wrote to Earthroamer and they confirmed that the Dodge 5500 chassis will be optional on a special order basis. So Ben really did mean "now" when he wrote "not available."

MegaRoamer

The original ER 2000 was built on a 2000 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4 SB and that was the whole reason why ER switched to Ford was because of the F-450 and F-550 chassis. Now that Dodge is going to build 4500 and 5500 in their new Cab & Chassis series I bet they switch back to Dodge purely for the servicability of the Cummins. The new Fords have to have their cabs removed off of the chassis for repairs above and beyond BASIC maintence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles