EarthRoamer XV-JP Crosses the Rubicon

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
ntsqd said:
Dusy-Irshim?

X2! I ran the Dusy-Irshim back in the late 80's. That trail is my all time favorite through some fantastic high Sierra country. I'm surprised we don't see more mention of it on this forum.??

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Tucson T4R said:
X2! I ran the Dusy-Irshim back in the late 80's. That trail is my all time favorite through some fantastic high Sierra country. I'm surprised we don't see more mention of it on this forum.??
I'm headed there in 2 weeks. :wings: From what I hear it's more relentless and longer than the Rubicon, but not quite as technical. Normal folks make it a 3 day trip. My former fellow dune buggiers did it in 10 hours.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
ntsqd said:
I'm headed there in 2 weeks. :wings: From what I hear it's more relentless and longer than the Rubicon, but not quite as technical. Normal folks make it a 3 day trip. My former fellow dune buggiers did it in 10 hours.

10 hours:Wow1: That's impressive. I don't think my kidneys or adrenaline glands could take that one. We did it relaxed over 3 days running North to South. Your gonna have a great time. :wings: Take lots of pics.:jumping:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Yeah, I'm kinda glad I missed that one. Word was it became a forced march.

Should be informative anyway; Bill Burke is leading the trip.
I've not run the whole length, but I am familiar with from the foot of Thompson out to the trailhead.

Robthebrit

Explorer
With a smaller unimog the rubicon is afternoon stroll in the park. Other than a few light squeezes there is not much to it, I was disappointed after all the hype and will probably never drive it again. However, dusty is brutal because the second half is sooo tight, it requires some precision drivng to place to tries so you don't rip the roof off.

Rob

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Rob,
I've gone in as far as Chicken Rock with my 84 Xcab yota and I was working a little to get it thru some of the tighter spots. Imagine my surprise at having to make room for the stock, unlifted 90's GM crew cab long bed with a lumber rack coming out from the campground!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
We kinda hijacked this thread. :oops: Maybe start up a new thread to plan and share your Dusy-Ershim adventure? I'm going to vicariously enjoy your trip! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles