EarthRoamer XV-LTS (S for Stretch)

XV-LTS Interior Photos

I took a few snapshots of our most recent XV-LTS build last night, here they are...
img_0463_0570306716_std.jpg

The complete photo gallery is available here:http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries/XV-LTS%20Interior/
This is our first EarthRoamer to break the 1 kilowatt solar barrier - yes, this rig has 1,100 watts of solar power! We've already seen over 70 amps of solar power charging the 12.2 kilowatt/hour battery bank. This is also our first build with 130 gallons of fresh water capacity.

The XV-LTS is proving to be very popular with over half of our order backlog being the XV-LTS model. Stay tuned, in the next couple of weeks we will be announcing a couple of more new EarthRoamers...

camperman

Observer
amazing rig

I took a few snapshots of our most recent XV-LTS build last night, here they are...
img_0463_0570306716_std.jpg

The complete photo gallery is available here:http://www.earthroamer.com/galleries/XV-LTS%20Interior/
This is our first EarthRoamer to break the 1 kilowatt solar barrier - yes, this rig has 1,100 watts of solar power! We've already seen over 70 amps of solar power charging the 12.2 kilowatt/hour battery bank. This is also our first build with 130 gallons of fresh water capacity.

The XV-LTS is proving to be very popular with over half of our order backlog being the XV-LTS model. Stay tuned, in the next couple of weeks we will be announcing a couple of more new EarthRoamers...

It's amazing 1100 watts of solar power! 130 galons fresh water supply! this is more than I expected. Earthroamer crew you build amazing vehicles :victory: And what is now the full weight?

Last edited:
EarthRoamer XV-LTS Actual Weight

It's amazing 1100 watts of solar power! 130 galons fresh water supply! this is more than I expected. Earthroamer crew you build amazing vehicles :victory: And what is now the full weight?

Camperman, that is a very intelligent question and one that every RV or XV purchaser should ask. Too many manufacturers refuse to publish actual finished vehicle weights and seem to have a total disregard for gross vehicle weight ratings and safe vehicle weights. Unfortunately, the reason many manufacturers are so cagey about publishing actual weights is because they are building and selling overloaded vehicles.

The actual weight of the EarthRoamer XV-LTS shown in the photos is 16,329 pounds. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the 2011 F-550 is 19,500 pounds providing a cargo carrying capacity of 3,171 pounds.

SRUPike

Observer
Bill thanks for always posting, it's great to see involved, passionate owners/builders of top level items. I see alot of the passion you show also with Wiley of Yellowfin Yachts. Thanks for sharing your passion with us.

Question though, in picture 17 in your new gallery for the LTS, what is the control box that is above the airvent on the Driver Side?

Last edited:

camperman

Observer
Very good

16329 pounds - how accurately! To be honest, I expected that the total weight will be very close to the GVWR. But I was wrong. This weight allows you to set any other options, or tightly fill storage boxes :box:
Forgot one thing - lighting in the LTS simply wonderful and provides a very comfortable interior :coffee:

Last edited:

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply Bill! No need to apologize at all. We are obviously looking forward to it, whenever you are ready.

The actual weight of the EarthRoamer XV-LTS shown in the photos is 16,329 pounds. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the 2011 F-550 is 19,500 pounds providing a cargo carrying capacity of 3,171 pounds.

Is that with fuel and water tanks empty or full? 90 gal diesel + 130 gal water weighs about 1700 lb.
Bill, you might be interested in these road-oriented 335/80R20 Michelin XZEs with load rating 154:
http://www.trucks.nl/VehicleDetail.asp?vehicleid=1363202&languageid=1

Charlie

Last edited:

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper

Hope the new models will include my dream Roamer:

" Joe 6-Pack Limited Edition"... Yea that's it, a Ball Park Tail gate'in Edition, painted up with favorite 'Team' logos. the new ParkRoamers

Seriously, I'd like to see one with the wood cabinets and all other wood interior trim replaced with a motif of chrome, stainless steel, brushed aluminum, ebony, gray and charcoal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles