Eating crow....2018 Ram Power Wagon build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
You misunderstood me. I was saying it didn’t come from gov planet as a 12 volt. Unless it came out of a state auction it came from gov planet.

It left drmo 24 volt. Someone bought it and re-wired it to 12v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes which was implied by the fact that I said it had been "converted"

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Sorry I didn’t know, if you see a nice clean one in Illinois can you pm me a link please?

There definitely haven't been as many showing up at auction as of late, not sure why that is, but I saw a lot more on the block a few years back than I do now.

You misunderstood me. I was saying it didn’t come from gov planet as a 12 volt. Unless it came out of a state auction it came from gov planet.

It left drmo 24 volt. Someone bought it and re-wired it to 12v.

Yes which was implied by the fact that I said it had been "converted"

Good luck with your build. I hope you don’t choke on it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Very nice! How much wider is that than the truck?

I measured the width of the truck and it's roughly 78" wide. The M1101 is 85" wide so it sticks out roughly 3.5" on either side of the truck which is about what I eyeballed dragging it home. Like I said, I didn't feel the need to use my side mirrors in the extended "tow" position. That said, I might feel differently about that when I have a top on it and can't see directly behind it.

Explorerinil

Observer
I measured the width of the truck and it's roughly 78" wide. The M1101 is 85" wide so it sticks out roughly 3.5" on either side of the truck which is about what I eyeballed dragging it home. Like I said, I didn't feel the need to use my side mirrors in the extended "tow" position. That said, I might feel differently about that when I have a top on it and can't see directly behind it.
I pull trailers all the time, I rarely use my mirrors in the out position, I guess I am just used to them being in,

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I pull trailers all the time, I rarely use my mirrors in the out position, I guess I am just used to them being in,

I used them quite often on my Ford's, but they have a better designed/more usable mirror and the electric extension is worlds better than physically flipping out the dumbo ears on the Ram. I am not a fan of the side mirrors on these trucks, hopefully the redesign improves upon that.

Explorerinil

Observer
I used them quite often on my Ford's, but they have a better designed/more usable mirror and the electric extension is worlds better than physically flipping out the dumbo ears on the Ram. I am not a fan of the side mirrors on these trucks, hopefully the redesign improves upon that.
I’ve heard others say the same thing, I had a gmc Denali and hated their towing mirrors, on the fords at work I think they are ok, for some reason I love the old school ram manual folding mirrors... maby I’m just used to them, I don’t know.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I finally got around to installing the Dethloff engine and transmission skid plate. I have been looking forward to this one for a while now as that is a very vulnerable area under the truck. Not gonna lie, I cursed Dethloff's name a time or two during this install. The drivers side front bracket is a ever loving ******** to get bolted up with the limited room near the engine mount.

I must admit that this is one of the nicest pieces of kit I have ever purchased. From the design to the welding to the powder coat and even on down to how well it was packaged for shipping, I simply can't say enough about this product. I highly recommend this upgrade and be certain that Marcus will take care of you every step of the way.

OxxNHAU.jpg

sbSwm7d.jpg

6ZkZrYE.jpg

0DmeLQm.jpg

70bWtPe.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We spent the morning on the beach today. I think I can get used to this being in our back yard, the beach is less than 15 minutes from our front door and having 20 miles of beach to drive on should be enjoyable when we have nothing better to do.

aD3Muco.jpg

c4eZeBN.jpg

OGy2VFD.jpg

I saw this diesel ZR2 running along the beach as well. I snapped a pic while we were walking the shoreline, I have to admit that I like these little trucks. On our way back inland we passed a nicely built 17+ white Power Wagon, it looked like it had the AEV front bumper and was easily sitting on 37's as well.

GzptDk0.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I added the factory retrofit aux switch panel today. It's assembled by a company called 4th Gen Ram Electronics, you can find him on Facebook. I am glad to finally have a switch system for my accessories and I love that it is OEM in both function and design. Keeping things stock looking in the interior is preferable IMHO and I saved quite a bit over the Switch Pros and sPOD.

8sjV5WQ.jpg

Austo

Observer
I added the factory retrofit aux switch panel today. It's assembled by a company called 4th Gen Ram Electronics, you can find him on Facebook. I am glad to finally have a switch system for my accessories and I love that it is OEM in both function and design. Keeping things stock looking in the interior is preferable IMHO and I saved quite a bit over the Switch Pros and sPOD.

8sjV5WQ.jpg

This is fantastic, how did the install go with the software and assigning each AUX. Is that very difficult?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
That... is a nice truck. I have a real soft spot for the PW and see a few around town. I love my 2014 1500 Sport, but really wanted a 2500, and my wife said a big "nuh uh" on the PW. Too much $$ up here in Canada. The list price on my 2014 new was $58K and as sold was $62K. For a 1500 sport!?

Anyhow, nice build. Tasteful and not overdone...lift / tire / wheel combo looks rad. I am friends with the local BC AEV dealer, and he is trying to talk me into a full AEV lift and wheels. I wonder if my wife would notice??:unsure:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader

8sjV5WQ.jpg
That’s pretty good work for a Dodge troll... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles