eatSleepWoof's 2016 Tacoma DCLB

The biggest issue now will be deciding which tools to keep in the garage, and which in the workshop. I'm thinking anything woodworking-related goes in the shop, and metal-related (more likely to be directly applicable to the truck) will be in the garage. I'm going to need a LOT of workbenches.
I did that when I moved into our current house 7 years ago, which was the first house in 35 years that had anything like a shop (actually a basement). What I have finally realized (I’m a slow learner) is that I was always running from shop to garage to get tools or materials. This summer I started moving more into the garage (big one was table saw, plus lumber in an overhead rack I built). Things I rarely need, whether automotive or woodworking, are migrating to the basement. It’s working well for now, though maybe I’ll change it again a few years. Note I had no dust collection in the basement, just a shop vac, and got lazy about cleaning up so everything got covered in sawdust. No worries I just roll the table saw into the driveway. That’s working so far ... but winter hasn’t started yet.

I did that when I moved into our current house 7 years ago, which was the first house in 35 years that had anything like a shop (actually a basement). What I have finally realized (I’m a slow learner) is that I was always running from shop to garage to get tools or materials. This summer I started moving more into the garage (big one was table saw, plus lumber in an overhead rack I built). Things I rarely need, whether automotive or woodworking, are migrating to the basement. It’s working well for now, though maybe I’ll change it again a few years. Note I had no dust collection in the basement, just a shop vac, and got lazy about cleaning up so everything got covered in sawdust. No worries I just roll the table saw into the driveway. That’s working so far ... but winter hasn’t started yet.
That's what I'm afraid of, too. Having to run back & fourth all the time. But hey, won't be any worse than taking the elevator in a condo, as I've been doing all my life. I'll see how it goes and make adjustments as necessary!

Since you mentioned dust collection I'd highly recommend the dust deputy. They are 60 on Amazon then you just need a bucket (preferably metal), lid, hose, and a few fittings. Perfect for a "garage shop" since it only takes up the room of a bucket. I got one when i got sick of cleaning sawdust off everything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk