ebay 1996 Cherokee diesel RHD

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
LOL...

This brough back memories...

My dad used to buy the old postal Jeeps and my dad would install a fake steering wheel where the drivers seat normally is in the states. As a kid I would pretend that I was driving and we would laugh at the looks of others on the freeway when they saw a 9yr old driving and not know that it was a RHD vehicle. We even got pulled over once.

Back on topic... its a nice Jeep. I wonder what the story is behind it?

Overdrive

Adventurer
Wil-- That is SO funny!!! I can just picture seeing it in person going down the road...I bet the cop got a good laugh too! Do you remember what he said to you/your dad? LOL!

(P.S. on edit) I was thinking how I could have fun with this since my parenting days are over...my wife frequently snoozes while we are on the road...I'd just put her "behind the wheel"...

I know Jeep did a diesel in those years, but I thought it was a Peugot (sp?) engine. This is a VM Motori-- same brand as the 05-06 Libertys and current export Wranglers/Libertys use. Anyone know the story on this package?
Scott

Last edited:

Dave

Explorer
Hmmm. That's here in St. Louis and the building looks familiar but I can't place it yet. I'll see if anyone on the local board has some info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online