ECU Fault Log - decoding help?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Anyone know how to read these codes? I'm not getting a check engine light, but when I query for codes I get these three. I'm guessing that there is some sensor redundancy but of course want to figure out what this is and get it fixed

2007 FG

Code:
Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN: Not present
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0340: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
P0335: Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
P1335: [Chrysler] CKP Circuit
[Toyota] No Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal - Engine Running.
[Nissan] Crankshaft Position Sensor (REF)
[Lexus] CKP Sensor Circuit Malfunction During Engine Running
[Mitsubishi] Piston position sensor 1
[Dodge] CKP Circuit
[Jeep] CKP Circuit
[Seat/Audi/Volkswagen] Engine Torque Monitoring 2 Control Limint Exceeded

Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

JRhetts

Adventurer
Anyone know how to read these codes? I'm not getting a check engine light, but when I query for codes I get these three. I'm guessing that there is some sensor redundancy but of course want to figure out what this is and get it fixed

2007 FG

I may be in over my head, but if you take this with a grain of salt…

How is it that you are getting a meaningful OBD-II report? It is my understanding [not certainty] that Fusos <2010/2012 depending on model did not output OBD-II compliant data at the plug. I have been 'instructed' that no matter what reader one puts on the plug, you don't get meaningful data, because until the 2010-2012 range Mitsu did not have to be OBD-II complaint and wasn't. The output at the plug is a proprietary data format which can only be read by Mitsu MUT-II or MUT-III software/hardware units. [These are seemingly made of unobtanium.]

So, after reading the report you inserted, I wondered if your app tried to 'force' data into what it could interpret even tho it wasn't really compliant data?

J

gait

Explorer
equally intrigued as to what you have connected ...

I have scant info but what little I have suggests ... which is reasonably close to the report
P0335 Engine Revolution SNSR Blink code 15
P0340 Camshaft Position SNSR Blink code 12

I would first clear the ECU fault log. Start engine and look at log again.

If fault code persists I would check the blink code, part of reassuring that I would be looking in the right place.

I can't find the code for the data that comes from those two sensors, you may have more luck through your app.

There's also "how to test" info in section 13 of the manual.

There's always the potential for spurious fault codes. For example, when I had a boost pressure problem at altitude the ecu reported the engine running in reverse.

This is generic description of the two fault codes from a Mitsi Engine Manual Section 13. There's a "where is" in the manual also.

faultcodes0335.jpg

pugslyyy

I may be in over my head, but if you take this with a grain of salt&#8230;

How is it that you are getting a meaningful OBD-II report? It is my understanding [not certainty] that Fusos <2010/2012 depending on model did not output OBD-II compliant data at the plug. I have been 'instructed' that no matter what reader one puts on the plug, you don't get meaningful data, because until the 2010-2012 range Mitsu did not have to be OBD-II complaint and wasn't. The output at the plug is a proprietary data format which can only be read by Mitsu MUT-II or MUT-III software/hardware units. [These are seemingly made of unobtanium.]

So, after reading the report you inserted, I wondered if your app tried to 'force' data into what it could interpret even tho it wasn't really compliant data?

J

I've been using a BAFX bluetooth OBD2 scantool, and Torque on my android.

The realtime data has always been meaningless, but the codes have always seemed to be right on. For instance, if I over-rev the motor on a downshift it correctly reads an 'engine overspeed' code.

pugslyyy

Hmm, that's important info, if the codes can be obtained that way.

Obviously I won't know definitively until I do further checks, but the three codes it is picking off are closely related so seem to be pointing to a common root cause - which makes it more believable to me than 3 completely unrelated codes.

Also, the Torque code definitions are identical to the ones in the Fuso workshop manual.

gait

Explorer
its an ELM327 adaptor. It automatically works out what level of OBD its trying to connect to. Most of them are Chinese copies. Some work, some don't. My first one failed to connect to the vehicle. This looks like a good find. Thanks J.

Once connected we should be able to tweak the software to match the data to sensible codes. There's a conversion table in one of the programme files somewhere for the equivalent of 2 digit lamp flashes (blink codes) for different manufacturers / vehicles to the generic Pnnnn number.

PS I only see two codes in the original report, the second one has version for several vehicle manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles